We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Altsteon: KeypadLinc changes to SwitchLinc  (Read 1952 times)

Offline swazi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Karma: +1/-0
Altsteon: KeypadLinc changes to SwitchLinc
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:09 am »
I have 2 KPLs, the one a 6 button and the other a 8 button. The 6 button version works great but the 8 button version keeps reverting to a switch and does not "realize" it's a KPL. It also does not create the additional "scene" device.
When creating the device I specify the device_type = 'urn:geektaco-info:device:dimmer-kpl:1'.
The KPL is unresponsive for ~5-10mins after creating it. Once it becomes responsive and I can turn the light on/off (but it does not create the scene controller), the device_type is changed to 'urn:geektaco-info:device:Dimmer:1'.

On the KPL I programmed it to be a 6 button unit, not 8 button.
I'll try a factory reset next but wanted to check if anybody knows why the KPL reverts in Altsteon to a switch?

Offline garrettwp

  • Master Member
  • *******
  • Posts: 6371
  • Karma: +227/-128
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Altsteon: KeypadLinc changes to SwitchLinc
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:59:04 am »
Did you add the correct implementation file as well when you changed the device type? Is this a dimmer kpl or relay kpl? What does the advanced tab show for the device. I have several relay kpl's in the house that operate flawlessly.

- Garrett


Offline swazi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Karma: +1/-0
Re: Altsteon: KeypadLinc changes to SwitchLinc
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 11:37:02 am »
Did you add the correct implementation file as well when you changed the device type? Is this a dimmer kpl or relay kpl? What does the advanced tab show for the device. I have several relay kpl's in the house that operate flawlessly.

- Garrett

I did not change the device type - it changes by itself a few minutes after adding the device (I tested this a few times)
I went through the advanced tab and compared the 2 KPL's I have to ensure everything is the same. Both are dimmer KPL's.
If I have one kpl working and the same implementation files selected for both it is fair to assume the problem is not there. The difference is the device_type in the advanced tab changes by itself to "Dimmer" from "DimmerKPL" as explained in my previous post.


Offline swazi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Karma: +1/-0
Re: Altsteon: KeypadLinc changes to SwitchLinc
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:40:46 pm »
I pretty much reloaded everything today and re-created all links, reset etc. I'm confident my setup is good and all settings are correct.
So next I fired up putty to see what is different between the 2 KPLs. Below is a copy/paste of what I found:

<Working KPL>
Cmd : add_device 12.BC.24
12.BC.24:003D,02 - Device added. (exists case)

12.BC.24:0007,02,01,1B - DevCat : 01  SubCat : 1B

12.BC.24:001A,02 - Program lock is off.
12.BC.24:0018,02 - LED off during transmit.
12.BC.24:0016,02 - Resume dim disabled.
12.BC.24:0022,02,06 - Button density is 6.
12.BC.24:0012,02 - Backlight is on.
12.BC.24:0015,02 - Key beep is off.


<Non Working KPL>
Cmd : add_device 12.39.CC
12.39.CC:003D,02 - Device added. (exists case)

12.39.CC:0007,02,01,0C - DevCat : 01  SubCat : 0C

12.39.CC:001A,02 - Program lock is off.
12.39.CC:0018,02 - LED off during transmit.
12.39.CC:0016,02 - Resume dim disabled.
12.39.CC:0022,02,06 - Button density is 6.
12.39.CC:0012,02 - Backlight is on.
12.39.CC:0015,02 - Key beep is off.

The KPL I'm fighting with have a subcat of 0C, while the working KPL is 1B



Offline swazi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Karma: +1/-0
Re: Altsteon: KeypadLinc changes to SwitchLinc
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:07:45 pm »
I figured out the problem;
FBA, in his code provides for Dimmer KPLs to have a subcat of '05', '1B', or '1C'. Looking at the list of possible subcats it can also be '0C' (as mine is).
I worked my way through all the files and the only one I could find that refers to the subcats is "I_InsteonPlm.xml". I updated this file to replace '1C' with '0C'.
Finally the device_type is not overrided and the scene controller is created! But I can still not get the buttons to trigger scenes  :-[
I think the daemon probably needs to be updated too. Not sure if I can do it. Probably fba is needed for that.

Please come back fba!!

Edit:
Reloaded daemon and rebooted Vera and it seems to work!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:24:38 pm by swazi »