We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: O2 Joggler Plug-In  (Read 27781 times)

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
Re: O2 Joggler Plug-In
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 05:55:27 pm »
Hi @racarter

I was just checking the logs and I noticed that i have a number of errors coming up, which are not  clear what the cause is, but I was wondering if they might be related to your plugin. Can you confirm?

50   04/11/13 22:50:14.149   luup_log:56: WOLPlusPing Ping Enabled, executed <0x2e131680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.522   GetLuaInterface can't find device type: 3/0x114d4c0 str: 3 <0x2f731680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.522   luup_variable_get interface 0x114cb70 args 3 <0x2f731680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.523   GetLuaInterface can't find device type: 3/0x114d4c0 str: 81 <0x2f731680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.523   luup_variable_get interface 0x114cb70 args 3 <0x2f731680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.524   GetLuaInterface can't find device type: 3/0x114d4c0 str: 27 <0x2f731680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.524   luup_variable_get interface 0x114cb70 args 3 <0x2f731680>
01   04/11/13 22:50:14.525   LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function updateAnalogues failed [string "..."]:509: bad argument #5 to 'format' (string expected, got nil) <0x2f731680>

06   04/11/13 22:50:22.221   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 111 service: urn:futzle-com:serviceId:CurrentCostEnviR1 variable: Version was: CC128-v1.29 now: CC128-v1.29 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2ffb5680>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:00:35 pm by parkerc »

Offline racarter

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 07:25:12 am »
I'm not sure what those errors are but they don't stem DIRECTLY from the plug-in, apart from the empty string message which indicates something's not getting through, presumably due to the preceding device error messages.  The numbers 3, 81 and 27 look like device numbers to me.  Are they device numbers you use, and are relevant to Joggler comms?  If so, are the devices correctly set up, both in Vera and in the plug-in?

I assume you've made no changes to the plug-in, apart from the device tables?

Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 08:01:50 am »
Hi,

I am the developer of xAPFlash. Sorry but  I was totally unaware of this thread or any pending questions until someone posted a link just now on the Automated Home forum.  I'll try my best to help you get things sorted although I don't have a micasaverde unit - much as I would like to as I hear great things.

xAPFlash development was put on hold for various reasons which I'll expand on in a later post when I get home tonight.  Let's then have a chat about the possibilities...

Kevin
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 10:07:18 am »
Welcome, Kevin.

We are very happy to hear from you. I'm sure, with your assistance, we can make xAPFlash a really useful tool for improving the Vera UI.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 12:49:34 pm »
Hi Kevin

Thanks for joining this forum. :)

i just wanted to echo what Rex said, there's some real potential with the Joggler and Vera, and your  xAPFlash/iServer interface is an intriguing one.

Offline racarter

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 06:38:43 pm »
Good to have you here Kevin.  Love the user name, btw!

Alan
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:47 pm »
Let's start by explaining where xAPFlash is at.  The last release beta that you're all using is pretty stable with no known major issues - although it does have a few nuances  ;) 

The XML structure suffered from a lock of planning and just evolved in a rather hap hazard way as features were added by myself and another couple of developers.  It's certainly not something I'm happy with,  but it is what it is.  The poorly designed XML configuration, relatively unknown xAP protocol  and the acquisition of a lot of relatively novice O2 Joggler users hoping for an 'automate my home' application led to a significant support headache for me with literally hundreds of emails and a difficulty trying to encourage people to use a self help forum.  As the application grew, feature requests appeared daily and I realised the support of this application was going to be too much for me.    Offering any 'free' application is always a challenge in this respect.

I also came across a user that was offering assistance in the coding, with a view to supporting different stage sized devices,  but by chance I discovered a version of the product being sold commercially by that user and realised where a lot of my support emails might be coming from  >:(  I had never wanted to protect the application against de-compilation but that seemed necessary now.  However protection on the Joggler proved a challenge as it has a non standard Flash implemenation.

A later version was being worked on but it was significantly more complex and also increasingly dependent on the Joggler / Open Peak API,  raising issues that needed manufacturer support. Dealing with O2 and/or OpenPeak proved most frustrating  with neither company feeling they should be the support contact. Several API bugs were apparent and had to be addressed or worked around and there were a lot of undocumented API's.   Then O2 suddenly discontinued the Joggler and Apple and Adobe sparred with Flash, eventually resulting in Adobe confirming that Flash had limited future.

So I took the decision to freeze the released version and just address any bugs and really hope that the existing users could pool together to help each other with config issues.  That never really happened as I had hoped it might and things gradually quietened down.  Many people had offered to write up some help guides but none appeared - with the exception of Brett's great work for the Home Automation Hub project.    I had felt that if the user community did become self supporting I might be coaxed into a further release, but it didn't.

xAPFlash was developed for the Joggler and as such makes assumptions with regard to stage sizing, grid layouts etc .  The Joggler Flash implementation is also somewhat non standard.  To offer a viable application on other platforms e.g. Browsers, Android, tablets, phones required fundamental changes in the code.  I was a complete Flash novice when I started and quickly realised that many other decisions I had made would have been much better implemented in a different way.  As I better understood Flash I also quickly appreciated the power it offered for much improved button icons with multiple states, animation, embedded Flash applets etc etc.  Flash really is amazing in many respects.  Much work was done on this and I run it myself here daily, but it has never been released, mainly as it is significantly more complex,  has XML alterations and also it required that users had a Flash development ability for the (now) SWF based button icons etc. ... oh and that awful bore ... documentation.      Making an application that suits yourself is very different to offering an application that suits or is even usable by others.

So the released version is likely where xAPFlash stays.   My memory of the application is now many years hazy and with a later version having been partially coded it will be very difficult, and  I would be very resistant to  tweaking the released code.  Even assuming that I could establish the source code used at that time.   Sorry if that's not quite what you'd hoped to hear but I hope you can now see why it's not as straightforward as it might seem.

Anyway - what I will do is try and address some of the specific questions that have been asked re the current application and I believe that you can achieve almost all the things that you might wish with that version...      I just have a little difficulty timeline wise in knowing just what was is that version as it's a while back now.  I don't believe there are any significant bugs though....  I'll post again shortly re those questions...

Kevin
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline racarter

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 02:02:04 pm »
Thanks Kevin, that all sounds very reasonable - and I sympathise with your comments re application support!

Speaking for myself, xAP Flash does pretty much all I need as it stands.  The only significant addition I'd like to see is the ability to sound alerts for certain home automation events - as I've posted previously on the automatedhome forum.

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 02:05:42 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the explanation. I certainly understand the burden of providing support on a complex product to users of varying technical ability. It can just consume you - and for no remuneration!

The xAPFlash on the Joggler does almost everything I need - and I suspect it can also do the other things we discuss in this thread - if we but knew how to make the right request. I have tried perusing the decompiled code for clues but my Flash knowledge is not really up to that task.

I think the most common wish is to be able to play sound on the Joggler in response to some event. Text-to-speech would be wonderful but playing an existing wav or mp3 would probably meet a lot of requirements.

My peek at your code revealed some processes for notifyaural, notifyvisual and slideshow along with chimesound and woobsound but I was unable to figure out how these functions were enabled/triggered.

I personally don't expect you to attempt modifications on old code but any guidance would be really appreciated.

Rex

Edit: Great minds, Alan...

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 07:38:54 pm »
IIRC there is a secure <mode>  button tag in the released code and within that section you can select a certain sound file to be played each time
the button state transitions on/off.   The 'woob' and other sounds might be  inbuilt Joggler sound files but they can also likely  be  other pre loaded .wav resources.  If that's the case you can effectively play any sound via a xAP event that , from reading this thread,  micasaverde can originate.  I'll need a short while to double check this...

Interaction with the Joggler sound API - and  the Joggler O2/OP SWF sliders for volume control along with a xAP API for same was one of the things we tackled.The 'play sound' functionality of the API was an example of one of those issues that caused us API concerns because there seemed to be a definite bug where sounds became garbled after a period of time. We were told there was 'no known issue' but the problem persisted.  Curiously once the OpenPeak firmware update was released, after O2 absolved themselves the problem was fixed, at least on my Jogglers .... hmm

K
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:45:53 pm by XAPPO »

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 04:20:45 pm »
Hi @XAPPO

I hope you dont mind, but i have a couple of hopefully quick questions for you.

1) I can't seem to get the text central on the status icons (temp reading and text are slightly to the left?)

2) Is it possible to have a different grid layout per page, (or as we think) it seems it is only possible to set that once?

Many thanks for all the background information..

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 07:54:31 am »
I will look at centered text, it maybe as simple as a centre cf center tag or a more significant issue. again I know at some stage I added some offsetY and offsetX tags but I'll need to check which version.

Re the grid, it's not overridable at the page level but you can manually place any buttons at specific x,y coordinates, so select the most frequently used grid and then manually place the rest.

K

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 11:10:25 am »
Apologies for the delay but I have now looked at the centered text within the status icons and it's not an easy thing to fix.   Basically the text field is an embedded element within the button SWF and it doesn't seem to be behaving with regard to the centered attribute, nor can I get it to oblige... and so I'm afraid it will remain 'as is' but ....

Text within a text field  does center correctly and so you could achieve what you want by using one and placing it appropriately over the button icon to display the information.  You would have pixel by pixel placement of this too.

K

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 12:51:15 pm »
Checking in again.. It's very quiet ....   

One thing I have managed to do is get hold of a Vera 3 that I can now try with xAP.  I'd very much appreciate it if you could send me the most recent Vera code and I'll give it a try.  I realise it's a work in progress. Unfortunately I can't PM you with my email due to the new member restrictions policy on this forum so here is an address kevinhATxapautomationDOTorg or PM me with a email address to contact the author.

Having now taken a bit of an interest in Vera it appears that it is very much being neglected by MCV so I'm guessing it's had it's day or a new model is on the horizon ? It looks like it had great potential.

K
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:53:13 pm by XAPPO »

Offline racarter

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »
Hi Kevin

I've sent you the files you need, together with instructions.

Good luck!

Alan