We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: O2 Joggler Plug-In  (Read 27772 times)

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: O2 Joggler Plug-In
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2013, 05:49:23 am »
Maybe I could accumulate my child additions and then add them en masse using just one synch or make sure two never get added quickly...

This is what I do in the Netatmo plugin, up to eight devices at a time so far.  Works just fine.  Then I scan the luup.devices variable to pick up the new device IDs and fill in extra variables.

---[Edit: I see you've gone for that solution, I missed your later update]---
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:53:24 am by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2013, 05:50:10 am »
    Thanks for the reply.. and yes after experimenting the bulk add is definitely the best solution.  I have had it add fifty or so devices at one time and it works well.

I'm working on this plugin on and off at the moment as I have some very busy few weeks just at the moment but it's all looking pretty good.    Been getting to grips with the json device structure so that I can support xAP text devices.    I still haven't worked out how to get at the name of the Vera though.

K
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline sdhibit

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2014, 02:02:19 pm »
Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm late to the party. I just got a zoneminder installation up and running. It has an xAP component called zmxap that spits out events when motion is detected on any of my cameras that I would like to have the vera react to. I think a general xAP plugin would be a great idea to have for the vera for these types of situations (I don't want to reinvent the wheel by implementing UPnP outgoing zoneminder events if xAP is already there).

If anybody is still monitoring this thread, would it be possible to get a copy of the code you've guys have been passing around? Also, would it be beneficial to put it in some repository for others to view (github, code.mios.com)?

Thanks!
Steve

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 06:55:16 am »
Hi Steve,

Apologies I only just now saw your post here.

That first release of my rewrite of the xAP plugin was sent to eleven people but only two of those actually replied with any feedback which was disappointing although those two were very positive.

I think this topic is mainly related to working alongside the O2 Joggler application and other feedback I've received all relates to that application rather than the Vera xAP plugin persay.  The Joggler code (Flash) is not something I want to update as the product is no longer available or supported by O2/OpenPeak.

My rewrite of the plugin does address some issues with dependable processing of the xAP traffic, which the original plugin might have missed so it's a good step forward for Joggler users and it is far more general as a xAP plugin rather than a Joggler enabler.  It requires Joggler users amend their XML config files which I realise some people don't wish to do.   

I need to make a couple of enhancements based on the feedback from those two testers, mainly to do with handling xAP devices that use 'text' devices to return signed numerical values - something that 1-wire and temperature sensors often do.  I also need to move more config into the device parameters and UI to make things tidier.  It's also still very much a 'work in progress' although I've been running it happily now for months.

With regard to ZoneMinder specifically it's unfortunately not a xAP application that I use myself.  The current plugin only handles xAPBSC devices so it won't process messages using any other schema.   Do the xAP  'event' messages that ZM issues use the xAPBSC.event class ?  Perhaps you could post an example message here and I'll let you know if the existing plugin (which I'm happy to send you) will work.     Otherwise you could adapt the code,  if you're up for that,  to just pick up ZM's event class and spoof it back within the plugin as a xAPBSC.event message for a binary device where it would automatically create devices for each camera zone activation - although these would be created as lamp on/off devices rather than say movement sensors.

Kevin
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline racarter

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2014, 07:10:05 am »
Kevin

As the originator of the xAP plugin I'd be interested to have a look at your mods.

Alan
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline racarter

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2017, 05:46:06 am »
To avoid delays when requesting my xAP plugin please contact me via the webform at carter53.wordpress.com

Alan
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.