We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: O2 Joggler Plug-In  (Read 27782 times)

Offline racarter

O2 Joggler Plug-In
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:01 pm »
I've recently picked up some O2 Jogglers on eBay.  For the uninitiated these are touch-screen display devices with wi-fi.  They run Flash apps, so with some technical knowledge you can install xAPFlash on them.  I'm developing a plug-in for Vera to talk to these devices over IP, and I now have three of them scattered around the house displaying Vera statuses, controlling devices and running scenes.

If anybody is interested I'd be happy to share what I've done and send a copy of the code.
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: O2 Joggler Plug-In
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »
This sounds very cool indeed - any chance of a picture showing the displays with Vera stuff on it?  I'm sure it's worth spending a moment to document the xAPFlash installation process as well as the code.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline s4nup

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:59:34 pm »
I bought a joggler for this very purpose, but have no coding experience. I'd be very interested to see this and the installation instructions. Thanks

Offline racarter

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:49:02 pm »
Requirements for the Joggler end of things can be found here: www dot dbzoo dot com slash livebox slash xapflash

Once the requisite stuff has been installed on the Joggler it's simply a matter of editing the Joggler config file and my plug-in config so that they match each other, and away you go.

If you're familiar with xAP protocol you'll recognise some of the terms used in the tables, which is where you marry the Vera devices or scenes with the Joggler xAP objects.  Here's an example:

-- Status/Control Device Table

xapdevs[1]            =   {}
xapdevs[1].description      =   "Living Room Lamp"
xapdevs[1].device         =   3
xapdevs[1].scene         =   0
xapdevs[1].dservice         =   SWITCH_SID
xapdevs[1].sservice         =   ""
xapdevs[1].variable         =   "Status"
xapdevs[1].previous         =   ""
xapdevs[1].source         =   "ts15.vera.controller:relay.1"
xapdevs[1].uid            =   "FF00DB60"

I've attached a couple of pics so you can get an idea of how it looks.  Currently I'm just using the icons supplied in the example config, but eventually I'll change them.
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline s4nup

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50:05 am »
I managed to get the xAP interface loaded onto the joggler as well as the iServer (i think)

I tried amending the config.xml file with the example on the above website, but it doesn't look as if anything is changed.

Like i said, i'm not a coder...i understand html and xml to a degree, but i'd love some more help on this.

Thanks

Offline racarter

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:06:12 am »
Did you install the example file too?  Look at the section entitled 'Sample HAH UI' on the xAPFlash page (link as before).  Once you've done that you should get displays on your Joggler which look a bit like my pictures - but obviously they won't be live until you connect them to something.

When you get to that stage you'll need to install my plug-in on your Vera, but at present you need to edit the declarations in the code to match those in the Joggler config files.

To be honest I think it's a bit complicated if you have no coding skills.  Eventually I'd like to make the plug-in easier to configure, but at the moment I can't see how I could avoid users having to edit the xml files at both ends (Joggler and Vera). :(

If you're not put off I can send you the plug-in together with my Joggler xAP config files so you can study them and see how things hang together.  You should then be able to change things to match your own device numbers and get some live data on the Joggler displays.  PM me your e-mail address if you're still interested.

Offline s4nup

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »
Ok, installed the sample HAH UI (had to tweak various bits of the XML, likconfig pathe the IP address of the server was set incorrectly as was the config path)

I've now got the same screen that you had in the screenshots so must have done something right!

I'm now ready to get to the next stage. I tried PM'ing you but it came up with an error message saying i didn't have access to that resource...is there a minimum post count before i can pm? how many posts is it?

Offline holden86

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am looking for a plugin that supports xAP. Currently, I am looking into HA and I came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zB7QEFCR1Zk), about using the MS Kinect to do some automation.

I want to combine the VERA system and the Nitrogen Logic - Depth Camera Controller. I emailed them and they said it is possible, but I would need a plugin that supports xAP.

Can I use the plugin used here for the O2 Joggler? Can someone point me in the right directon?

Thanks

Offline racarter

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:10 pm »
s4nup and holden 86 - I've PMed you.

Offline s4nup

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 05:13:44 pm »
Got the message. Will be doing this tomorrow. Will updat you as to how I get on! Thanks !

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 07:34:12 am »
This works really well. It does take a bit of effort to set up the xAP configuration for the Joggler to show the buttons and variables you want but, if you are not afraid of editing xml files, it isn't so tough. WinSCP is a valuable tool for loading and editing files on the Joggler.

Once you have done that, you edit Alan's I_XAP.xml file to link xAP sources to Vera devices, variables and scenes through tables. Then you upload this and three other files to Vera (Apps, Develop Apps, Luup files, Upload...), create a Joggler-Comms device, reload and watch it spring into life.

If you are comfortable editing xml files - or want to become so - this may take a little while but it is configuration rather than programming. You can, if you wish, add-to or adjust the Lua for special requirements but that is not essential to get a working remote control.

The attached photo shows one of my units with a pop-up display of WeatherUnderground information. It also shows the alarm setting for a VirtualClock plugin that I use to trigger my heating when I need to get up early the next day. There are four buttons that allow me to set the alarm time in one hour and 15 minute increments (by running MCV scenes with a few lines of Lua in them).

The result does just what I wanted, didn't cost much and is definitely worth the effort.  8)

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 07:53:08 am »
If you are planning to have a go with this, I recommend a free Windows program called xFx Viewerhttp://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/viewer_main.htm

This monitors and displays all xAP traffic on your system so can be invaluable for tracking down problems (like when buttons don't do what you want or variables don't update correctly). If you are using Alan's plugin, edit the following line in I_XAP.xml to stop xFx marking Vera heartbeats as errors:

Code: [Select]
local vera_source = "ts15.vera.controller"
To:
Code: [Select]
local vera_source = "ts15.vera.controller:host"
Note: xFx Viewer V3.3 has a built-in xAP hub which allows you to run more then one xAP application on your PC simultaneously. xFx Viewer V4 has an improved user interface but does not, apparently, include a built-in hub. The same site offers an xAP hub (xFX-Express Hub) which runs as a service. When I run this on my Win7-64 PC, it breaks internet communications - including the Vera UI - so I have had to disable it. I have discovered, though, that I can run xFx Viewer V3.3 and xFx Viewer V4 at the same time with V3.3 acting as the hub and V4 providing the more-comprehensive display.  There's always a way...  ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:15:43 am by RexBeckett »

Offline racarter

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 09:19:50 am »
Rex

Great to hear you've got it all working!  I think the Joggler with xAP is a great combination for a Vera interface, and limited only by your imagination.  Pretty cost-effective too, since they usually go for less than ?50 on eBay.

One thing I'd really like to do is to have Vera sound an alarm on the Joggler, but I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Alan

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 09:56:54 am »
Yes - I saw your unanswered post on the Automated Home xAP forum - which doesn't seem to be too active. It would be a useful feature. If I figure-out how to do it I'll let you know.

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 01:50:27 pm »
I play sounds on my Windows UI for Vera using VLC Media Player which accepts http commands. I wonder if this would also work on Joggler?  I see VLC is available for Linux and Ubantu so it could run on Joggler although I don't know how to install it.