Author Topic: PowerMaster models  (Read 34406 times)

Offline nlrb

Re: PowerMaster models
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 02:36:28 pm »
Yes, thanks for confirming. The messages are backwards compatible. The only new message is the B0 message. But also most functionality (like status) is put in the B0 message.

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »
I am using a terminal  to Connect directly to RS-232 on the powermaster.
When using hex, i am able to log in and send ack Messages - and recivers Ready Messages.
But i do not get a status change back when triggering senors. Connecting this way also Locks me out of the CP

I Guess i have to get a Usb-TTL Device and Connect to the IP module instead. Guess i will most likely see more live packages and what`s going on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:29:33 pm by tek »

Offline nlrb

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 04:41:04 pm »
I'm afraid that status messages don't come through for these models on the serial interface (same if you connect via the IP port). It just seems to be there for backward compatibility. Maybe another mechanism has been introduced for status updates on other IP connector pins.

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:12 am »
I'm afraid that status messages don't come through for these models on the serial interface (same if you connect via the IP port). It just seems to be there for backward compatibility. Maybe another mechanism has been introduced for status updates on other IP connector pins.

I do allready have a USB-ttl device on it's way by Mail.
Think i'll give it a try, might behave different when emulating powerlink while allready have rs232 module installed..  Did the device you tried connect to lock the CP?

If that does not work i think we might have to try to extract, or Get the firmware - or look into the software itself.. It is doable,but harder than looking at status Messages and triggering devices

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »
With powermaster Remote programmer Connected, i am now able to view status of Devices.
I did soldier the last Peaces for my TTL->USB today, and it allowed me to use diagnostic function of the powermaster Remote programmer. That led me to belive that the cisco cable i where using might not be proper since it did not give me any information last time.

I`ve changed this to a regular Cat5e network cable With Rj45, and Rj45->Rs232 adapter and it Works by using the Dual-rs232 module.

Under status/trouble i can now Select zone, and see changes in the "zone" that reflects to the Device, e.g. z:01 is a door contact to my techincal room.
When closing the door again - i do have to chose "UL Table" again for each time. but this shows me info, and alot of B0 codes in the Message window.

the only thing is that i get a bunch of information each time, and it takes longer time to sort the information.
Thinking of closing, and opening perhaps 5 times after each other to try to be able to locate the repetive code - and then change to Z:02 and do the same thing..

- and hopefully i start getting any patterns of this.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:25:27 pm by tek »

Offline uAlex73

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 03:28:31 am »
@Tek: do you got some information to share with us? I got a PowerMaster 30 too and trying to things working. Any dump/output of the protocol is welcome.

Offline masaba

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 10:12:11 am »
Support for the PowerMaster models would be very nice. Im looking at replacing my current "rent-alarm-system" and have the PowerMaster models at the top of my list for a few different reasons. I'll be following this thread closely.

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »
been away for holiday for a while, Rhodos - Greece.. :) so have not played With this the last weeks.

picking up my micasaverde vera lite tomorrow and will probably continiue where i stoppe in the evening.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »
uAlex73 has made some progress in the meantime. It appears that the sensors normally don't transmit status changes to the panel when the system is disarmed (probably to save battery life). So you first need to reprogram the sensors to transmit status changes even when the system is disarmed.

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
uAlex73 has made some progress in the meantime. It appears that the sensors normally don't transmit status changes to the panel when the system is disarmed (probably to save battery life). So you first need to reprogram the sensors to transmit status changes even when the system is disarmed.

That is the same conclusion i came to, With using the powermax app it automatically identified my system as powermaster 30 and created the 1 partition (the only active). When using powerlink mode i god lua startup failure, communication error.
If forcing Stadard mode, it Works so far.

I am able to read out door/window sensors With the current app if i reload after triggering a Device even if not system is armed home/away.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:11:21 pm by tek »

Offline nlrb

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 12:53:09 am »
Can you send me the crash log file and the LuaUPnp.log file for the PowerLink case?

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:07 pm »
here you go, luaupnp.log

the crash file, where can i locate that?

Been testing some more, if using standard mode over powerlink, i can manually enable Devices and get status updates from sensors when reloading.
If i use powerlink mode, i am not able to get status updates before arming the system.

Alex / nlrb, mentioned that i had to enable status updates even if system was not armed, any hints? can`t find a Place for that in the CP
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:25:17 pm by tek »

Offline nlrb

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 04:44:07 pm »
The log file does not contain enough history to see what caused it. The crash log file should be in the same directory as the LuaUPnP.log file. You can also retrieve it via the web interface (see topic on plugin version 1.1).

Most likely the plugin crashes when it tries to interpret information from the panel memory. The memory layout looks to be different for the PowerMaster.

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 07:04:11 am »
I`ve tested some more and have also shared the information With Alexie so he can continiue to test from his side.
The summary so far is

The motion detection sensors normally dont transmit, i did not find out where to look before Alexie pointed me in the correct direction.
It is stated under the manual for the sensor itself, a setting "DISARM Activity"  -
Optional settings: NOT Active (default), YES ? no delay, YES + 5s delay, YES + 15s delay, YES + 30s
delay, YES + 1m delay, YES + 2m delay, YES + 5m delay, YES + 10m delay, YES + 20m delay and
YES + 60m delay.

but it does not look like the same setting exists for the door/window contacts.

The protocoll is backward compatible to read out the status from door/window contacts, but CP does not push the info by itself when using stantard mode, but when reloading mios it reads out the current state. I`ve turned on debugging to see what commands i sent to the CP to get the Reading back.

I`ll also try to debug why the luup crash when using PL mode, but it is probably as you think nlrb that there is some New/different information.

Despite that visonic have told others that they will never release a PL module for the PM30 since they do not prioritise Home users it looks like something is coming.
I got hands on some info from my dealer that Visonic will release a IP/Broadband module for the PM30 in 2013.
And the same information is now stated on Visonic`s webpage. http://www.visonic.com/communications-new-family

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:08:28 am by tek »

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 02:19:12 am »
I'm considering the PowerMaster-10. I assume the current status for reading the status messages is the same as for the 30 model?