We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PowerMaster models  (Read 35962 times)

Offline nlrb

Re: PowerMaster models
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 04:27:09 am »
The latest version in the trunk has initial support for PowerMaster models. But please note that there are still a number of limitations.
  • all zones will be created in PowerLink mode, as we don't know yet how to determine which zone is enrolled or not
  • event log will not be correct
  • sensor status will likely not be communicated by a sensor when the panel is disarmed
  • probably other stuff as testing has only been very limited so far

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 02:09:52 am »
The latest version in the trunk has initial support for PowerMaster models. But please note that there are still a number of limitations.
  • all zones will be created in PowerLink mode, as we don't know yet how to determine which zone is enrolled or not
  • event log will not be correct
  • sensor status will likely not be communicated by a sensor when the panel is disarmed
  • probably other stuff as testing has only been very limited so far
Thanks for the update. I will hang tight and follow the progress. Is there any thread to follow, except this one, where the development is discussed?

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 01:40:35 am »
I now am a proud owner of a Vera controller and again starting to look at buying an alarm system. Has there been any progress the latest month with this plugin?

Offline nlrb

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 02:00:11 am »
The development of the plugin has been progressing, but unfortunately not the part of the PowerMaster support. I haven't heard from the testers and I don't have a model myself to play with.

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 02:11:51 am »
Is there a changelog where one can follow the progress in detail?

Would it help if I got the alarm and supported you with testing?

For the moment, can the plugin detect arm/disarm and if an alarm is triggered? I would benefit from some selling points for  the missus. ;)

Offline nlrb

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:08 am »
Each svn version has the list of changes in the changelog. Once a version is released I always add a summary of the changes.

Yes, definitely :D.

For the moment, can the plugin detect arm/disarm and if an alarm is triggered? I would benefit from some selling points for  the missus. ;)
Yes, it detects arm/disarm and you can also do a arm/disarm via the plugin. It also detects when an alarm is triggered.

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 07:23:06 am »
Each svn version has the list of changes in the changelog. Once a version is released I always add a summary of the changes.

Yes, definitely :D.

Yes, it detects arm/disarm and you can also do a arm/disarm via the plugin. It also detects when an alarm is triggered.
Perfect, it's a good start to be able to trigger scenes when you enter/leave the house.

I will send you a PM to make sure I get the correct gear.

Offline aviondandy

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 02:01:35 pm »
Hello everybody, I have an off-topic question.

I don't have a Vera box but I will buy a powermaster 30 alarm soon.
I would to interact with my alarm through an arduino (only status : armed or not).

Do you think it will be possible ?
Whats the name of the connection you use between vera and powermaster, is it a RS232 ?

As I said it is really off-topic but after a lot of internet research this topis is the closest I found..
Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:13:37 pm by aviondandy »

Offline nlrb

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 01:03:21 am »

Offline Automat

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:05 am »
Is it likely that we will be able to use the motion sensors in the future? Now they are not active when the alarm is disarmed?

Offline nlrb

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 02:14:01 am »
By default the NEXT PG2 does not report activity during disarm (see manual). If you set 'DISARM Activity' to 'YES - no delay', it should. Unfortunately the MC302 PG2 does not have such an option, so you will not be able to get door/window sensor updates during disarm.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:21:00 am by nlrb »

Offline rockthelobster

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 12:13:40 pm »
I've read the thread with keen interest as I'm looking to hook up my powermaster 10 with a Vera lite. I'm still a bit unsure as to which cable combination gets the job done best, and to which pins i connect it.

What should be on my shopping list?

Offline nlrb

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »
Normally the Visonic dual RS232 connection kit and an FTDI RS232 to USB converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Offline rockthelobster

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 01:43:44 pm »
But will the dual RS232 connect to the Powermaster 10? It doesn't have the same pins as the powermaster 30 shown earlier in this thread. I have the V13, from what I gather from Visonics homepage the V15 will have powerlink option, but it's very unclear. I attach a picture of my board.

Has anyone succeeded in connecting to the powermaster 10, or has your work been with the powermaster 30? I hope I'm not stuck with version that is already obsolete.

Offline rockthelobster

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 05:46:59 am »
i have recieved the following advice from Visonic when i enquired about the RS-232 connector and they say:

"the connector on the board is labelled PRJBBA.  To be able to connect to this you will require a USB programmer 90-204-374 (Visonic part code)."

Any input on this? i think i will order one, and see what information i can get out of it. Hopfully it works.
i do note that The PRJBBA is 10 pin, and the RS-232 is 20 pin.