We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Control buttons disabled  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Alexspb

Control buttons disabled
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:55:50 am »
Hi, all:

I have installed the app recently (iPhone 4s, ios 6.1.3)

It seems to be connecting fine for the first run of the program (locally and through Mios server), and then when I close it (forced close) and start again all controll buttons in all scenes and devices are visible, but disabled.

I tried to delete and re-install the app several times, still the problem is there. Good for the first run only.

Anyone came across same problem? Any thoughts about solutions?

Thanks.

Upd.:

On the first run after re-install - simply pushing Home button on iPhone and then returning to Automator (without force close) results in disabled buttons. Seems like a bug.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:11:40 am by Alexspb »

Offline automator.app

Re: Control buttons disabled
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:36 pm »
The controls will stay disabled until Automator reconnects and obtains the current state.  Showing the controls earlier can mislead as they will not reflect the actual status.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline Alexspb

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:43:14 pm »
Well... What you are saying is indeed very reasonable.

I did a little bit of testing and trying and this is the situatuon as of now:

On the first run buttons are active, but if the light is turned on/off the button status does not change, although commands are executed ok. Could this be a part of the problem? Or maybe the reason?

At the same time, I have no problem controlling the lights from cp.mios.com/mobile and the buttons are updated.

Waiting for five minutes for app to get a reply from vera obviously did not help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Offline Alexspb

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 04:41:17 pm »
Just tested the app on iPad (iOS 6.1.2.). Works fine. All buttons are enabled. All devices are updated after command execution when connected both locally and through mios.

Seems like the app on the iPhone 4S does not get a proper response from Vera for some strange reason...

Could the problem be related to iOS 6.1.3?

Thanks.

Offline automator.app

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:17:56 pm »
Just tested the app on iPad (iOS 6.1.2.). Works fine. All buttons are enabled. All devices are updated after command execution when connected both locally and through mios.

Seems like the app on the iPhone 4S does not get a proper response from Vera for some strange reason...

Could the problem be related to iOS 6.1.3?

Thanks.

Unlikely -- there are many that are using 6.1.3.  Double check that your username and password are correct -- they might have somehow got corrupted.  If that doesn't work try deleting then re-installing the app to rule out something else being corrupted.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline Alexspb

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:21 pm »
Username and password are ok. Manual and MiOS connections are active. Re-installing did not help. Buttons still disabled after app close/re-open.

One weird thing that I found:

In Developer section "State JSON" is (null) on iPhone. On the iPad (with exactly the same settings) it has TimeStamp, ZWaveStatus, etc...

Considering what you mentioned earlier, this seems to be the cause of the problem.

Next question is - why would it be (null) on iPhone and fine on iPad, when they are connected to the same Vera unit with exactly the same configuration/username/etc...?

Hope, you can find some ideas.

Offline lido55

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:57 pm »
Hello,
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with Automator.app and my Vera 2. All buttons are disabled. Tried to reinstall, changed user password, nothing helps. The problem happens the same locally or remote. I can control my Vera 2 using the web interface without any problem, locally or remote. Strange enough I also have a Vera Lite which can be controlled flawlessly by Automator.app. Both Veras run the latest OS builds and the Automator.app is also up to date. Any ideas?