We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: MyVera, Web interface for the Vera - now in English  (Read 18014 times)

Offline sb_domo

• Sr. Newbie
MyVera, Web interface for the Vera - now in English
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:56:49 am »
Hello,
I created this thread on MyVera on the occasion of the passage in English of this interface.
It come as a supplement to the topic created by Psykokwak where he explained how to install MyVera directly on the Vera.

MyVera is an interface that allows you to control your home automation from your browser (chrome or safari only) or from a tablet or smartphone (ipad, iphone or android device).

Here, some screenshots :
- http://sbdomotique.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/myvera3d.jpg
- http://sbdomotique.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/20121205-221700.jpg
- http://sbdomotique.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/iphone1.jpg

And a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEtwF4m6tzA

You can download it from my blog website : http://sbdomotique.wordpress.com/myvera-dowload/
Here is a FAQ (in French) : http://sbdomotique.wordpress.com/myvera-faq/

The official MyVera thread (in french) : http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9041

This interface uses PHP, so you will need to have a web server with PHP that can communicate with your vera.
Psykokwak proposed a solution to put a server php directly on the Vera but you can use another solution (a NAS for exemple).

The translation in English was realized by zolakk. By default, MyVera is in French.
To translate MyVera into English you have to replace the file resources\locales\lang.json by lang_en.json.

Offline Quinten

Re: MyVera, Web interface for the Vera - now in English
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:39:43 pm »
I've just installed MyVera on my apache2/php5 webserver and after giving write permissions to the protect/config directory it sprung to live.  But I do not get any scrollbars using latest version Safari on OSX Mountain Lion, so I can not save any modules.  Is there something I am missing?
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.947 | 8x Fibaro FGD211 | 2x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 3x Fibaro FGRGBW | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub | 1x Philips LivingColour

Offline sb_domo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:44:43 pm »
Hello,
By default, MyVera is for touch-screen, also you have to slide with the mouse to scroll (as if it was a finger...)

Envoy? de mon iPad ? l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Offline Quinten

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »
Ah!  That works perfectly :D

Looks absolutely fantastic, my compliments.
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.947 | 8x Fibaro FGD211 | 2x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 3x Fibaro FGRGBW | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub | 1x Philips LivingColour

Offline luissalvador

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:59 am »
Hi Sb_Domo,
Great job... Works fine, now in english...  ;)

For alls:
Please make a donation to developer by paypal...

Luis

Offline tvdnagel

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:43:13 am »
Hi sb_domo,

Thanks for this great app!

Is there a way to go directly to the "Dashboard" tab when opening MyVera?
And is there a way to hide the the tab to the left of the dashboard?

Also, when I modify the text color or size of modules, this never has an effect. Even after saving and reloading the page.

I am using build130324b1.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:59:28 am by tvdnagel »

Offline sb_domo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:44:33 pm »
Hello tvdnagel,
If you want go directly to the "Dashboard" (in Landscape and Portrait position), in the "General Config", put off the "Landscape View" and "Portrait View".
You can't hide the tab's view.

The color and size parameters are for views, not dashboard.
The text color is for the text under the icon. You can change it, click on update and save your list. It must be work...
For the size of icons :
In Retina mode, you have to write the size you want to see (50px by default for 100x100px images).
In non retina, the size is the size of your icon's image (50x50px by default).

Offline tvdnagel

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 07:11:52 am »
Thanks sb_domo, that clarifies the situation!

Offline Learic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »
This is definitely an awesome tool to use on a tablet! I used SweetHome 3D to design the layout of my house and it is all working well!

I have a question about the HVAC though. It detects my thermostat as an HVAC unit which only displays a circle with a "?". If I change the category of the device to a "Smart Virtual Thermostat (Plugin)," I do get a prompt when I click on the icon in the layout of my house. The values show as Fahrenheit which is correct for my location but as soon as I click on the numerical temperature field, it goes immediately to 35 as the value which I assume is Celsius. Is there a way to use this as Fahrenheit? Initially, it reads the value correctly so it shows 73 degrees in the box but as soon as I click on it, the number changes to 35 as the max value..

Offline sgruby

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »
This looks quite interesting and I have it installed. However, I don't have my VeraLite password protected, so what do I enter for username/password? Or is this to protect MyVera? Unfortunately Google Translate didn't really help with the Readme!

Thanks.

Offline Learic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 11:11:20 pm »
This looks quite interesting and I have it installed. However, I don't have my VeraLite password protected, so what do I enter for username/password? Or is this to protect MyVera? Unfortunately Google Translate didn't really help with the Readme!

Thanks.

I just typed in a "new" username and password and as long as my IP address field matched the Vera device on my network, it works! I'm not sure if the username and password field is there for the myvera application site or if it functions with a Vera device that has been configured to require a logon when using the internal network. In my environment, it doesn't appear to affect anything!

Offline sgruby

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 11:42:47 pm »
I solved my own problem; php wasn't running on my server. I've fixed it and I'm good to go.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline sb_domo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 02:31:44 am »
Hello,
I'm happy you think MyVera works well.
The uesername/password is use to protect the acces of MyVera. if you have not protect it, you can use what you want...
Hvac is not compatible with MyVera at the moment (just because I don't have it any to test). Perhaps it could works as a Virtual Thermostat, I don't know. For ?C/?F, I think that one of the problem is to be able to change the start and end numbers of sliders. I do that in a future release...

Offline rdotten

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:47 am »
I've installed MyVera on my WAMP-php server, the interface starts up, I enetered my login info, and it populated the rooms. Then I get an error-Error No response in sync. Try again?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

Offline sb_domo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 01:33:05 pm »
Hello,
I don't use wamp but here some clues:
What version of php did you have ? (Json's functions must be implemented)
Curl must be activate.
The php commands must be able to write in the file and directory of MyVera...