We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Wall mounted information panel showing status?  (Read 17963 times)

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
Re: Wall mounted information panel showing status?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 11:14:09 am »
I just bought the HomeSeer HST-IWAC7 for 199.00 bucks. Come with Android 4.0 loaded in on it!. Gonna load Authomation on it once I get it.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:26 pm »
@wseverino that is a great deal for $199 being white, in-wall, Android, etc.  I had been looking at getting one myself.  I have been living with my HP Touchpad magnetic in/on-wall for close to a year and it has served me well, but I see the value in the Homeseer offering.  Please give us a thorough review once you get it set up.  Curious about speed, how apps fit the screen, getting it rooted for the marketplaces, etc.

It also might be worth mentioning that Nook Simple Touch (now free with purchase of a Nook HD+) can be made to run Android:

http://lifehacker.com/5889158/turn-a-99-nook-into-a-fully-fledged-android-tablet-in-four-easy-steps

So a touchscreen E-Ink display with a battery that will last 3 weeks with WiFi on, so you always could skip running power to it and charge it periodically for in/on-wall applications.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline WhiteBeard

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 02:57:09 pm »
I've been keeping my eyes on these units for some time now, but they only seem to be available in bulk, like this one:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/682187370/7_inch_In_Wall_Android_Touch.html

I'll try to contact one of the aliexpress sellers to see if they carry them and be willing to sell them individually.

Offline dferrey

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:50 pm »
I've been keeping my eyes on these units for some time now, but they only seem to be available in bulk, like this one:

I'll try to contact one of the aliexpress sellers to see if they carry them and be willing to sell them individually.
Ok, I'll go in with you, that makes 2, only 998 to go :D

Offline WhiteBeard

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:39 pm »
@dferrey: LOL, I've never considered a group buy!  ;D

Offline shady

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 05:47:42 pm »

You might have luck convincing DealExtreme.com to carry them and then you could buy individually.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline bucko

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 09:35:56 pm »
I happen to be living in China and building my HA project as we speak. I just finished running 4000 meters of data and signal wire and leaving for HK in 4 days to make yet another electronics run. Normally I go to Shenzhen, but I'll be getting my AE8000 projector from HK and avoiding the 20% import tax China wants to hit me with.

Go see my project blog at http://cocoontech.com/forums/blog/38-buckos-blog/ .

Shenzhen is like a second home for me. I buy much of my HA stuff there.  Next week my 9' custom server rack will be completed and delivered to my worksite to install in the server room. I paid  $370.00.

I have relationships with many of these suppliers in Shenzhen via Alibaba and could work out a deal to obtain these Android Tablets without buying 1000.

Question is... how many of you are REALLY interested to buy one? I will have to check further into the cost, but first I need to know is it worth my time & expense to travel to Shenzhen and get these units to ship to you guys.

What do you all think??
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46:19 pm »
Do you get a good deal on things like the AE8000 ?

I have wired my Great room for a projector ... but have not got around to that phase of my new home yet.
I have a huge wall to use ... but expect to display with a 12' diagonal. (Optimized ceiling mount location for this size). Need to get a remote controlled screen as well. That's already wired as well ...

People ask why I have so many wall outlets above 9' high ....
You never know when you want to add holiday lighting !!! And no extension chords!

Offline shady

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44:49 am »
@bucko, after a little more research and deciding on placement, I might be in for 1-3 of them at Shenzhen prices

Offline bucko

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:19 am »
Do you get a good deal on things like the AE8000 ?

On the AE8000 there is no joy. You can buy it cheaper in the US. I pay about $250 more for it in HK AND I do not get the 2 pair of free 3D glasses.

Best to get it in the US.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline stephenmoore

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 02:53:53 pm »
I think its bit expensive..

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »
Got my HST-IWAC7 from Homeseer today. First thing I did was uninstall HSTouch and the Sibo custom loader. Next I installed AutHomation HD and took a quick picture so everyone could see what it looks like on a 800 x 480 screen. Must say its easy to navigate. The touch screen is quiet responsive on the HST-IWAC7.

Offline shady

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 07:56:30 pm »
@wseverino

Thank you for the quick update.  So it sounds like there is no problem getting the Play or Amazon store or did you install Authomationhd via .apk?   The spp scales nicely.   Looking forward to hearing more.

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »
Downloaded right of the google play store, installed it and was good to go.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 01:50:01 pm »
Got my HST-IWAC7 from Homeseer today. First thing I did was uninstall HSTouch and the Sibo custom loader. Next I installed AutHomation HD and took a quick picture so everyone could see what it looks like on a 800 x 480 screen. Must say its easy to navigate. The touch screen is quiet responsive on the HST-IWAC7.

wseverino,

I received your email and apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have been really busy lately. I am glad to see you have AutHomationHD running on the device. You might want to side load the AutHomationHD beta as it offers more refinement for screen real estate and personally is much better than the current version in the play market.

- Garrett