We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Wall mounted information panel showing status?  (Read 18028 times)

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
Re: Wall mounted information panel showing status?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 07:56:21 pm »
I thought this was at least worth mentioning, since I hadn't seen it before, even though it would mean you would be taking the E-Ink information panel everywhere you took your iPhone (which could be good for some):

http://www.popslate.com/

I still like the idea of having something mounted near the door as you leave that doesn't need to be accessed, but just displays what you need to see as you leave.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline silencery

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 06:37:16 pm »
Shady,

Saw your tutorial with the HP touchpad, and just wanted to say its brilliant.  Great work!  I actually have a couple touchpads i'd like to mount up myself. 

Just curious.  Have you ever figured out a way to use the front facing camera to detect motion and turn on the screen?  I would also like to see if we can create a virtual device in vera and use the front facing camera as a motion sensor device to trigger scenes.  Anyone have any tips for pulling this off? 

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 06:44:20 pm »
You could probably do all of that with Tasker and AutHomation. I'm not sure if Tasker works with cameras though. I've never looked into that. Good idea.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline silencery

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59:36 pm »
There are a few apps in the play store which work GREAT for detecting motion with the front camera, but I haven't been able to find a way to expose these events to tasker yet. 

Here are a couple:
Motion Detector
Motion Detector Pro

Tasker supporty proximity sensors, but this is out of the question for me since this idea would only work well for motion detected more than a few centimeters away (and my particular device, the HP Touchpad, doesn't have one anyway). 

I'm coming from iOS, so i'm pretty newbie at this.  Can any tasker/android pros shed some light if this is possible?  Should be a fun project to try :)

Offline Vreo

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2013, 01:25:26 pm »
Hey Richard, did you make the app you mentioned? I am looking for something like that.

Thanks.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »
I've been keeping my eyes on these units for some time now, but they only seem to be available in bulk, like this one:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/682187370/7_inch_In_Wall_Android_Touch.html

I'll try to contact one of the aliexpress sellers to see if they carry them and be willing to sell them individually.

Micasaverde should OEM those in wall touch screens and rebrand them as Vera units. That's what HomeSeer have done presumably.

The only way you would be able to purchase one from Sibo directly is to blag them and ask for one or a few "sample" units.

Can you still buy the HomeSeer versions? I couldn't see them on their shop.

I think if I could get my hands on a POE version it would be pretty good running Authomation HD app.

Offline Vodden

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 01:16:02 pm »
Hello all.

I'm waking a dead thread here, but for those of you still looking for Android wall mount tablets, the model used by HomeSeer (Sibo) is available thru geekland in the US in both 9" and 7" models.  9" comes in black or white.  No minimum quantities and various options available.
Vera 3 v1.5.622, Sharp Aquos, DSC 1864, EVL-3, (2) iPhone 6, Kwikset 912, Kwikset 910, (2) Linear WT00Z-1, (2) Linear WS15Z-1, (2) Linear WD500Z-1, (2) Evolve LTM-5, (8.) Aeotec micro-dimmer,  (3) Aeotec micro-switch, (1) Cooper Aspire RF9500