We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Internet Explorer, Logs tab and zone scanning  (Read 937 times)

Offline dinochronos

Internet Explorer, Logs tab and zone scanning
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:28:07 am »
Futle,

I discovered that using Internet Explorer I cannot see the logs on log notification tab  or be able to scan for zones, however I did discover that using Chrome or Safari will allow me to see the logs on the notifications log tab and also get more logs when querying as well as scan for zones in order not to add manually.

So it sounds like a browser issue, any suggestions re internet Explorer?

Otherwise everything works just great !

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:48:44 pm by futzle »

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Re: Plugin for Caddx/GE/Networx NX-584/NX-8E security system
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »
dinochronos, I'm not able to test IE since I have no Windows machines in the house. Thanks for reporting this; if any user is able to supply a patch that makes IE work then I will gladly apply it.

Offline GaryOkie

Re: Re: Plugin for Caddx/GE/Networx NX-584/NX-8E security system
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:49 am »
Dinochronos,

IE9 works fine for me to view logs.  Choose "any" or "partition 1" for device in the logs menu since the default CADDX device seems to be always devoid of log info.    Normally, I use Chrome, but I was able to duplicate the issue of the SCAN for zones button not working in IE9.   Press F12 to enter debugger to identify errors.

Futzle,

In case you're interested, the error is "SCRIPT600: Invalid target element for this operation." when clicking the SCAN button.   The error occurs in J_CaddxNX584Security.js, line 372 character 2.      This appears to be a known compatibility issue with IE.   Workaround mentioned here which may help... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7180072/script-600-error-invalid-target-element-for-this-operation

I only mention this if someone else wants to test a Javascript patch for this.   I am content to continue to use Chrome.

There is another oddball quirk in IE - most of the device icons on the Dashboard display initially with the proper icons, but then immediately change to a default device icon - a circular blue splat  (default.png).    But that would be one for the MCV folks.