We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Autoupdate  (Read 3262 times)

Offline alexk

Autoupdate
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:32:45 am »
hi futzle - got a bit of a questoion again.  my v65 version of the plugin is not autoupdating.  anyidea why or how i can trigger it to 68?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:31:15 am by futzle »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Re: Plugin for Caddx/GE/Networx NX-584/NX-8E security system
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:08 am »
Did you install the plugin manually or update the files manually?

- Garrett

Offline alexk

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 10:27:56 am »
I had installed v65 from the mios apps interface

i replaced one file which furtzle provided as a test.  now i am in auto update mode but nothing changes.

A

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:01:24 am »
Once you manually change a file in the plugin, the auto update feature will not work. You'll need to either pull the new files and manually update them or reinstall the plugin.

- Garrett

Offline alexk

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:55 am »
aha...."shoot"

what is the best way to do it to avoid ruining the current set up?

if i had the original file i changed (which i dont) and put it back would that be ok?  (i.e. what is the file checked against for autoupdate)

if not how can i manually install a version or trigger a forced update?

thanks!!!!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:29:09 am »
Just retrieve the new files and upload them the same way you did with the one file you changed (via Apps -> Develope Apps -> Luup Files).

- Garrett

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:58:26 pm »
hi futzle - got a bit of a questoion again.  my v65 version of the plugin is not autoupdating.  anyidea why or how i can trigger it to 68?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,4060.msg86927.html#msg86927

Offline alexk

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 04:30:40 am »
 ::) yes you are right.... dont know how i missed that :)
did it last night an all seems ok.

A question on the plugin.

it transpires that the zones devices on ivera  dont always represent the actual status of the zones on the system.  So some zones might be bypassed by the system but vera doesnt actually show this.

i tried doing a reload in one case but the status didnt alter.

any ideas?

below is the log from the nx10

10-30   10:41   AC fail restore (Device 0)   * expected as power went down this morning (this is the restore)
10-30   10:37   First to open (User 1 Partition 1) * i believe this is my remote access to the system
10-30   10:36   First to open (User 1 Partition 1) * i believe this is my remote access to the system
10-30   9:17   AC fail (Device 0) * expected as power went down this morning (this is the power failure)
10-30   8:11   Bypass restore (Zone 1 Partition 1) * this i dont understand.  i assume it is the command that the system gets to change the status of the zone bypass state for the next arm command.  so basically once the bypass has been selected and the partition armed then the system change the bypass state for the next arm command.  (i always assumed this happened during disarm

10-30   8:11   Closed with zones bypassed (User 98 Partition 1) * this is expected as partition 1 was armed by zone 1 bypassed.
10-30   7:22   Opening (User 99 Partition 3) * part 3 disarmed
10-30   7:22   Opening (User 99 Partition 2) *part 2 disarmed
10-30   6:05   Closed with zones bypassed (User 99 Partition 2) *part 2 armed
10-30   6:05   Closed with zones bypassed (User 99 Partition 3) *part 3 armed
10-30   5:51   Tamper (Zone 19 Partition 1) *this command i dont understand... i assume it is the result of the disarming partition 1 from stay mode where zone 19 was bypassed.
10-30   5:51   Opening (User 1 Partition 3) *part 3 dissarmed
10-30   5:51   Opening (User 1 Partition 2)*part 2 dissarmed
10-30   5:51   Opening (User 1 Partition 1)*part 1 dissarmed
10-30   2:06   First to open (User 1 Partition 1) *no idea
10-30   2:00   Auto test *internal testing
10-30   1:05   Bypass restore (Zone 19 Partition 1)  * * this i dont understand.  i assume it is the command that the system gets to change the status of the zone bypass state for the next arm command.  so basically once the bypass has been selected and the partition armed then the system change the bypass state for the next arm command.  (i always assumed this happened during disarm
10-30   1:05   Closed with zones bypassed (User 1 Partition 1) *alarm part 1 armed in stay mode (automatically bypass zone 19)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:45:15 am by alexk »

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:57:26 pm »
The event log is ... how do I put this?... pretty useless, I'm afraid.  Different NX-* models have different events, apparently re-using the same number for different events.  What little documentation there is appears to be wrong too.  Also I don't know what the events mean, only the text in the leaked-and-probably-wrong documentation.  If I had better documentation I'd be able to code to it, but no one has it, at least not outside an NDA.

With respect to iVera: are you saying iVera differs from what you see in the MiOS web page, or that the web page differs from what the panel is telling you?  I can't help with the former; the latter would be a bug that needs to be looked at.

Offline alexk

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 06:36:46 am »
Yep i assumed the log would be useless althought it is pretty much accurate when i read it knowing what has actually happened.  I have contacted my local representative of Caddx and asked them to provide the detailed programming guide (ie what the numbers mean).  The only thing i have is the nx-584 manual (attached) which is pretty limited as i understand it.

I actually found a contact in Belgium also at some point who is the guy responsible for the system but he got a little upset i contacted him directly :)

OK regarding possible Bug.

Scenario.

1. Go to alarm panel. bypass zone 2 and 7.
2. UI5 on Ivera displays zone 2 and 7 sensor device as bypassed (see image New picture 3)..
3. Reload UI5.
4. sensor device for zone 2 and 7 revert to arm status while on the alarm system they are still flagged as to bypass.

question.  this means that while the pluggin understands the status change message for zones from arm to bypass, it doesnt know the current status during initializing it self.  is this expected?

thanks

Offline alexk

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 04:14:35 am »
hello - futzle anything on previous post question?

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 05:43:28 am »
Hi alexk, sorry, the forum software is supposed to alert me when there's a new post in this thread but it doesn't always.

Corfirmed, I can reproduce the bug.

Fixing the bug "properly" will require more plugin-panel communication at plugin startup, which is likely to cause more users to get failed startups.  That's a tradeoff that I'm not sure I'm willing to make, so I have to think about a less direct approach to having the status persist.

I can't give an ETA on a fix for this bug.  I've been in poor health recently and haven't felt like coding when I get home from my day job, which is also programming.

Offline alexk

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 08:20:04 am »
hey no prob on the alert thing obviously thanks for taking the time.
hope you feel better soon!  I can relate to the psychology!

re bug,

so basically you say that if during reload there is a status query per zone then given the system understands the status changes this will mean that it will always be correct.

what happens though during the arm cycle.  i understand (possibly wrong here)  that the system changes the bypass flag right after arming. so while the zone remains bypassed it is actually not displayed as such.  I will try to do a test on this.

A

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 11:30:12 pm »
Version 69 has just been submitted to apps.mios.com.  This version tries to maintain zone status (tripped and bypassed) across Luup restarts.  Note that it can still be fooled, if, for instance, the state changes exactly when the Luup engine restarts.  Doing more than this will complicate the plugin startup to the point where people will notice a drop in reliability.