We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Setup: crossgrade from code.mios.com to apps.mios.com  (Read 750 times)

Offline srberard

Setup: crossgrade from code.mios.com to apps.mios.com
« on: October 22, 2012, 12:13:37 pm »
I've recently updated FW on my device and it appears that the version of the plugin I have is no longer working.  I previously manually installed the plugin following the directions on the wiki.  I was going to uninstall it and reinstall the new one from the app marketplace but I don't see the plugin in the list of "My Apps".  So I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to manually uninstall this plugin before installing the new version.  If so, how?
2. Is the recommended version the one in the app marketplace?  v68
3. Is there anything need to do before ungrading between versions such as clearing out my discovered zones, partitions, devices, etc?

Thanks in advance.

-Steve
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:39:25 am by futzle »

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Plugin for Caddx/GE/Networx NX-584/NX-8E security system
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »
I've recently updated FW on my device and it appears that the version of the plugin I have is no longer working.  I previously manually installed the plugin following the directions on the wiki.  I was going to uninstall it and reinstall the new one from the app marketplace but I don't see the plugin in the list of "My Apps".  So I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to manually uninstall this plugin before installing the new version.  If so, how?
2. Is the recommended version the one in the app marketplace?  v68
3. Is there anything need to do before ungrading between versions such as clearing out my discovered zones, partitions, devices, etc?

Without knowing what version you upgraded Vera from and to I can't offer a concrete answer.  But in general:

• You should be able to just install the new version of the plugin over the top.
  • If you are moving to the apps.mios.com version, you will almost certainly have to delete your old device and create a new one.
  • The most recent version in apps.mios.com is the least buggy one.