We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Relay output API  (Read 977 times)

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Relay output API
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:49:57 pm »
@futzle,
You mentioned in another thread that the GE code was basically feature-complete wrt the API documentation that's available to you.

I've been contemplating how to add PGM/Relay Output support to both the DSC and Paradox, and I'm wondering if you have input to how we could standardize those API's as well.

Thoughts?

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Relay output API
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:42:06 pm »
@guessed, I think that relay output support will have to go ahead on other panels without me. The Caddx serial protocol doesn't supply a guaranteed way for the Vera to manually turn on or off one of its outputs. It might be possible to fake it by triggering various panic modes, but those alter more state than just the output so I don't consider them clean.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Relay output API
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:00:36 am »
Fair enough.  On the DSC and Paradox, it looks like you can tie these outputs to internal events (as you can with the GE), but you can also externally trigger them via the API. 

I looked over the GE command structure and see what you mean by the crazy hacks you'd have to do (even if you did them on "out of the way" partitions, it would still be ugly)