We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Hills Reliance  (Read 826 times)

Offline Dnpwwo

Hills Reliance
« on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:44 am »
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a Hills Reliance R12 with a NX584 interface (I believe this is a rebadged Caddx, please let me know if you know its not !) because these forums say that the Vera is not reliable enough to run a full security system through event coding.

So, a couple of questions:
  • Plugin discussion focuses on the NX-8E, I assume it will work the same with the '12' variant because the interface module is the same?
  • If you plug smoke/heat sensors into the alarm, does the alarm expose these to the Vera in the same way it exposes other sensors?
  • The keyfob has extra buttons so that you can control things like garage doors via the alarm. Does the alarm expose these events to the Vera so that I could trigger other things there instead?

My questions is not so much around what functionality the plugin currently has, but whether alarm provides the information that the plugin could use so that it could be extended later.

Apologies in advance if these have been asked and answered previously, I did look for them without success.  I also looked at the programming manual for the NX584 but was hampered because I don't speak "Electrical Engineer"  :)

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Hills Reliance
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:25:47 am »
Hi Dnpwwo,

It looks like the NX-6, yep. (Here in Australia they try to make it look like it has more zones, so they count the doubled zones. Cheapskates.)

No one that I know of has specifically used that unit, but I reckon it would work. I have an NX-4, FWIW, also with the NX-584.

I'm almost certain that any sensor that the NX sees as a zone gets exported through the interface, including smoke sensors. This should already work in the plugin.

I don't know about the keyfob buttons, or the Auxiliary Output lines. I rely on other users to test these out and send me logs from the plugin. Chances are good that I could find some bit somewhere in the status packets that corresponds to an Auxiliary output, but I can't promise it. If you do buy this model, I will definitely work with you to get an answer one way or the other.

Offline Dnpwwo

Re: Hills Reliance
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »
Thanks futzle,  It will be a few weeks before I get it sorted (school holidays etc).  I'll let you know how it works either way.