We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Multiple Disarm notifications  (Read 1890 times)

Offline drew

• Sr. Newbie
Multiple Disarm notifications
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:28:34 pm »
@Futzle,

I attempted the  rev. 35 and now my functionality is gone. i get the lua startup running message that doesnt go away. The previous rev. worked and i have both sets of files in vera now. will they conflict or pull the wrong file if i have both sets loaded into vera?

I tried deleting the plugin and it keeps re-populating.

Has the plugin install procedure changed from the original? other than the zone scan?
Vera 2 ui5,SQ remote app, Schlage lever lock, WDTC-20, (2)HA-14WD, (6)HA-06WD, (3) Ge 45609, (2) Ge 45606, (1) Ge 45613, Zrf113, Caddx Nx-8v2 W/Nx-584mod, usbg-4ftdi usb-to-(4)db9 adaptor

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Multiple Disarm notifications
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
Hi drew,

Thanks for testing rev 35.  Sorry it isn't working for you.  If you want to go back, you can download the rev 34 versions of the files from here.  There are three extra files in rev 35.  They don't need to be deleted if you roll back, since they're not referenced by rev 34.

Has the plugin install procedure changed from the original? other than the zone scan?

It's supposed to be the same, so there's clearly a bug.  If you can pm me or post luup logs showing what's happened, I'm sure I could clear up the problem in rev 36 over the weekend.

Edit: Oh.  There are three new files in rev 35.  That's probably important, and the instructions don't refer to them yet.  Forum, I owe you a new installation page.  I might even update the pictures to UI4...  Meanwhile, the whole set of files is here.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:04:52 pm by futzle »

Offline drew

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:37:58 pm »
I got it up and running. my vera's baud rate was not matched to the panel's baud rate.

I added the zones from the scan section and it pulled the descriptors for the zones and gave the option to label the device type.

Does the device type do anything in vera or is it just an organizational thing?

Is there still an ability to arm/disarm without the code

Great job on the plug-in!!

I see a section for vendor options in partition 1. Is that a sign of things to come?

Is there a command for the AUX Outputs in this revision?
Vera 2 ui5,SQ remote app, Schlage lever lock, WDTC-20, (2)HA-14WD, (6)HA-06WD, (3) Ge 45609, (2) Ge 45606, (1) Ge 45613, Zrf113, Caddx Nx-8v2 W/Nx-584mod, usbg-4ftdi usb-to-(4)db9 adaptor

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 06:15:11 am »
Does the device type do anything in vera or is it just an organizational thing?

Just organizational at the moment.  I was hoping that I could auto-guess the type over the serial protocol, but it doesn't look possible.

Is there still an ability to arm/disarm without the code

Indeed (Well, for arming, yes; you've never been able to disarm without a code).  The idea is that if you use a PIN it'll try to arm/disarm with the PIN, and if you don't enter a PIN then it'll try to quick-arm.  Do test that, because I don't use those features in my installation.

I see a section for vendor options in partition 1. Is that a sign of things to come?
Is there a command for the AUX Outputs in this revision?

That's all in the future.  I'm going to see what interesting stuff I can get out of the 0x0A log messages.  I want to have a tab to control users, edit PINs, perhaps do it on a time-of-day basis, for which there's already a feature request.  I will have to revisit the auxiliary output thing; last I looked I couldn't see a foolproof way to trigger them.

Glad you got it going.  Perhaps you and I can help @napolitano172 to get it going after the storm passes...

The other items - I'm using firmware 1.1.1338.  I'm also using IE 9.  I do have a MAC - should I try that?

It's worth a try.  I'm no web programmer, so JavaScript and how different browsers butcher the DOM spec are not a strong point of mine.  It's quite possible that this is one of those places where IE behaves differently to other browsers, though IE9 doing that would surprise me.

Offline drew

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:24:36 pm »
I am attempting to replicate my setup success on 2 other veras. So far I'm having issues with the second one. It seems that the Vera recognizes the panel once and the next time I get the waiting for host light on the module. I think it may be a setup issue with the hardware. When I get a chance I will spend more time getting to the bottom of the issues. I'm currently running 1.1.1245 on the one that is working.

Offline drew

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:39 am »
@futzle

I got the second Vera 2 up and running and setup the armed state notifications for the alarm and I keep running into the same issue with both veras now.

I am seeing the "disarm" notification come through several times to my email when the system is disarmed and no-one is interacting with the alarm. It will not respond to arming or other commands periodically and I have to go in to Vera and make a change and save for it to "hook back up" to the alarm.

It feels like there is not a solid link to the panel because it doesnt allow me to change the state of the alarm part of the time and doesnt update the state of the zones or shows that lua startup failed when it has been sitting for a while without me messing with it.  Can you explain the load process for the plug-in (briefly)?

Is there an optimum baud setting or other settings that would make a more reliable connection?

Do you experience any issues with downtime when the system is idle?

I am quite impressed with what you have done with this plug-in and would like to use it to the fullest capacity you designed it for.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 05:47:45 pm »
Hi drew,

That's odd, and no, I'm not getting it on my tiny system.  For losing connectivity, yes, you're right to suspect the serial connection, but my plugin is supposed to retry commands that fail, and clearly it isn't.  For that, a snippet of Luup log during one of these periods of non-responsiveness would help hugely.  If you can catch the log that leads to "Startup Lua failed", that'd help immensely.  Meanwhile I can add some additional UI feedback during startup to help pinpoint where the startup is crashing.

I just used the default baud rate, 38400, and I very seldom see problems.  You could try a lower rate, say, 9600, and see if the situation improves.

For the repeated disarm notification: which exact state are you monitoring?  There's ArmMode and DetailedArmMode, for instance.

The startup process has a couple of back-and-forth conversations between the plugin and the panel:
  • The plugin sends a 21h Interface Configuration request, and the panel sends back a 01h Interface Configuration response.  After this, the plugin knows whether you've configured the panel for all the messages that the plugin needs, like Zone and Partition status messages.
  • If you've enabled it, the plugin sets the panel's clock with a 3Bh Clock Set message..
  • The plugin sends a 28h System Status request, and the panel sends back a 08h System Status response.  After this, the plugin knows what partitions exist, whether you use 4- or 6-digit PINs, and other bits and pieces.
  • Finally, the plugin sends a 26h Partition Status request for each partition, getting back a 06h Partition Status reponse.  After this, the plugin knows the states of each partition and can set matching variables on the partition devices.
  • Now the plugin goes quiet and talks only to the panel when an event happens.

If there's a communication difficulty during any of those stages then the plugin bails out, and it won't communicate with the panel.  There should be a message in the Luup log saying what went wrong, but it's not exposed to the UI.