We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Re: Setup  (Read 906 times)

Offline drew

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Setup
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:58:20 pm »
@futzle @guessed

With your help I got my alarm connected and working. Thank you.

A few questions regarding plug in and controls:
1. I got the alarm connected but it is not pulling names from the panel. Is it supposed to?
2. Is there a way to control it from SQRemote? Disarm from remote?
3. I have my garage door connected to the aux outs on my alarm to open my garage. Is there a way to control the 4 aux outs on the panel through Vera?

FYI...The issue with my connection was the cable with gender changer  and the 4 port serial to USB adaptor. It was the USB to serial device listed in the supported hardware list. For some reason it didn't work in this case.
Vera 2 ui5,SQ remote app, Schlage lever lock, WDTC-20, (2)HA-14WD, (6)HA-06WD, (3) Ge 45609, (2) Ge 45606, (1) Ge 45613, Zrf113, Caddx Nx-8v2 W/Nx-584mod, usbg-4ftdi usb-to-(4)db9 adaptor

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Re: Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:55:22 am »
1. I got the alarm connected but it is not pulling names from the panel. Is it supposed to?

Yes, it's supposed to.  There are several reasons why it might not:

1. You may have disabled the Zone Name Message or Zone Name Request Message types when you programmed the NX-8E/NX-584.
2. You may have a keypad that doesn't know how to name zones.  (This isn't true in your case, but it's true for me.)
3. For the NX-584, you have to tell it the address of a keypad that has the zone names programmed into it.  (This isn't true in your case, because it looks like the NX-8E doesn't have this option.)

In your case I think it's #1.  Check LEDs in the configuration: Location 211, Segment 1, LED 4 on.  Also maybe Program Location 210, Segment 1, LED 4 on (though I don't know if this one matters).

2. Is there a way to control it from SQRemote? Disarm from remote?

No, not yet.  The AlarmPartition1 service isn't a MCV standard yet, but all of us Alarm plugin developers are standardizing on the same implementation so it will make the job easier for third parties like Square Connect.

3. I have my garage door connected to the aux outs on my alarm to open my garage. Is there a way to control the 4 aux outs on the panel through Vera?

It seems no.  There might be a more hackish way to do it.  I'll ruminate and see if one occurs to me.