We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeotec Panic Button - Can't Associate with Scenes  (Read 10327 times)

Offline rgretzi

Aeotec Panic Button - Can't Associate with Scenes
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:42:58 am »
I have a Aeotec Panic Button that I can pair with a Vera3 as a secondary remote.  To pair I use the Add Device ->Advanced Z-Wave devices-> Add One.   

Once this is done I can not associate any scenes to the button.   I have attached screen shots of the advanced settings and the scene tab.   I have also tried creating a trigger in the scene  for the controller but this does not work either.   I admit I'm not clear on what "Which Scene Number" field should be set to.  (Attachment 3).

Some Details:
Vera 3 FW 1.5.408
Scene:  For this test I created a simple scene to turn off a Smart Energy Switch.   

Thanks, Appreciate any help!

Offline kveibell

Re: Aeotec Panic Button - Can't Associate with Scenes
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:37:05 pm »
I am having this same problem! any help would be fantastic.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:36:44 am »
The screen captures suggest that Vera knows it has seen a secondary controller but can't tell how many buttons it has.

I suggest that you raise a tech support ticket with Micasaverde. It is possible that this device is not supported on the current released firmware but may be on a more recent unreleased version. Tech support will know.

("_SceneController" is the Vera itself. It has nothing to do with your panic button device. It's best not to mess with _SceneController.)

Offline chixxi

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 02:34:39 am »
Did you try adding it as "Secondary Scene Controller" as described in step 4 of the thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8630.0.html?

I don't really have such a device, but maybe it works...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline rgretzi

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:30:58 am »
Thanks for the responses.   

Chixii, yes I tried adding as described in the post you referenced.

As futzle recommended I submitted a tech support request on 4/5.  Waiting for a response.   

Offline rgretzi

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:46 am »
Solution!   With help from micasaverde support, here is my procedure that works.   Please note 2b and 3e are not documented anywhere as far as I know.   

1.   Adding the Device to Vera
a)   On your Vera  go to "Devices=>Add a Device=>Advanced zwave devices".
b)   Add a secondary" battery operated handheld remotes" by selecting "Add One".   A dialog window will display "Command Was Sent". 
c)   On the Aeon Panic Button press and release the Learn button using the tool provided.
d)   The green led will blink and then turn solid.   Wait for the LED to  turn off  before you  select the close button on the dialog window.
e)   On your  Vera go to "Devices", you should have a new device called "_Scene Controller". 

2.   Adding  Configuration Setting (per Micasaverde support)
a)   On the new Device select the settings icon (wrench in upper right corner). 
b)   Select "device Options" tab
c)   Select "Add Configuration Setting" : Variable = 250, data size = "1 byte dec",   desired value = 1
d)   Close the window and then select the RED Save button.

3.   Configure New Device
a)   On the new Device select the settings icon (wrench in upper right corner). 
b)   Select "Settings" tab
c)   Select "Configure Node Right Now".    You may get an error "Unable to get any Information on node"
d)   Once above is done.    Close the Device settings window.
e)   Hold Aeon Button close to Vera and press and hold the learn button for 3 seconds (per Micasaverde support).
f)   The button is ready to trigger a scene.   The button is scene 1.   

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:20:08 am by rgretzi »

Offline PaulMcT

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 05:20:43 pm »
Thanks so much for posting that. The only points I would add:

1. Your "Adding the device to Vera" section did not work for me. I had to use the full-power method at the bottom of that inclusion screen.
2. You must hold down the button on the Panic Button device for 4 seconds in order to get the scene to fire.

Thanks again!
Paul

Offline ozz621k

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 10:59:24 am »
With the above steps and help from Tech Support I got my panic button working. The only difference from above was my scene number was 3 instead of 1. With Tech Support viewing log info they had me make that change. Not sure why but at least it is now working.

Have to thank Tech Support for working through this to get it going.

Offline marymac

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 06:53:37 pm »
I couldn't get it to pair and add to my Vera3...not sure if I have a defective device or what.  I have tried it both by following these directions and also by adding it full power... the light just won't flicker....reported trouble ticket.  I hope support is good at following up.  This forum is fantastic, but I gotta say that so far I've spent hours just trying to accomplish a few things... all I could get to work was a light switch on a timer. 

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »
Thanks for the instructions!

2b and 2c are the most important steps which are not obvious. Kudos to MCV team and rgretzi for figuring it out and letting us know.

I didn't need step 3e though - you just need and hold the main panic button while clicking "Configure node now" in Vera - that will keep the button awake for Vera to configure it.

As of scenes - there are 2 scenes there. For me, short press on panic button corresponds to scene #3 and long press-and-hold on panic button corresponds to scene #2. Slightly backwards, but it works!
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline nanuetsteve

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 12:31:20 am »
I've tried all the suggestions but  i am still having problems getting the panic button configured.The button does show up in in my device list but as "_panic Button" not "_scene controller"  My device options was already configured correctly, i didn't need to make any changes. Configure node now just results in an error. Any ideas

Thanx

Offline NickTheGreat

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:39 am »
Does this thing have a short press and long press ability like the Minimote? 

Offline nanuetsteve

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 11:51:19 am »
 Yes, it has two functions short click, and long hold. I'm stuck at the point of configuring the node. Get error message "Unable to get any information on node".

Offline nanuetsteve

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 09:13:17 am »
well, now it's working.  Don't know why, but it's working

Offline pacificdune

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »
I have one of these and was able to configure it finally.  The key that worked for me was to hold the learn button for 3 seconds and while continuing to hold it then press configure node right now.  Finally, it configured.

Unfortunately I am still unable to set any scenes.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

PD