ok, so with some prodding from a more than a few... The attached files implement a Weather device, reporting back the following properties, each displayed as "children" of the Parent Weather object:
The device will "poll" for this information every ~30 minutes.
To get it going (using a newer Luup release like 1.0.862 etc):
- 1. Download the 3x files attached to this posting in a ZIP file (Weather.zip, and upack to get the 3x XML Files inside)
- 2. goto Devices --> Luup plugins --> Luup files
- 3. Click the (Browse) buttons on the right, and enter the 3 filenames downloaded in (1)
- 4. Select the checkbox called "\[x\] Restart Luup after upload" and click (Go)
- 5. ... wait whilst it uploads and restarts the Lua engine ...
- 6. If this is successful, you should see the 3 files now loaded into the System.
- 7. Now navigate to Devices, scroll to the bottom at the Add device form.
- 8. Type "D_Weather.xml", and click (Add Device), type in a name of your choice against the device then click (Save)
- 9. At this point you should have a working Weather component.
Please post on this thread
if this doesn't work, providing detailed screenshots and log output, and I'll do my best to fix anything I can where there's enough detail in the forum posting to work it out.
This will get easier when it can be included in the Luup catalog...
When it starts, it prints the following type of log entries:
50 08/15/09 16:28:50.068 luup_log:133: Google Weather #133 starting up with id <0x803>
50 08/15/09 16:28:51.661 luup_log:133: At [-53.080002 ,73.489609], it's currently 26(US) and Clear. Humidity is 1%. Low is 30 High is 32 <0x803>
(given a device id of "133")
For a location like:
The Weather device will fire off a URL like:
I have no idea how accurate this data is, how often it's updated, and where there's coverage so we'll roll the dice on that. But, from a few samples (like the above) it has some offbeat places
The data reported back is imperial, not metric... for now.
Many thanks to the pointers provided by @LibraSun and @Ap15e. These suggestions made be cutover from using the Yahoo! Weather API to using the [undocumented] Google equivalent, since it's parameters are more flexible.
As a result, if you've established Vera's "Location" settings correctly, then this device should report the weather correctly.
It relies upon Vera's Luup releases, and I've only tried it on 1.0.862. There will be a warning in the log output about the S_Weather.xml
file. This is incomplete, and designed for future Location-based overrides. It can be ignored for now.
It could also do with some error handling, since it really doesn't have any right now
(modified to remove the legacy version of Weather.zip, newer version attached later in forum thread)