We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Weather Plugin  (Read 225972 times)

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Plugin for Web: weather.com et al
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 12:31:19 am »
ok, I'll put it on my TODO to fill in the standard LastUpdate Variable (on each Device) with the TimeStamp value.  This will make it equivalent to what a ZWave device fills in.

Offline brsipaq

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 02:55:59 pm »
Guessed,

Does your weather feed include warnings?  Could an event be able to be triggered if a tornado (or some other) warning is issued?

That would be great to have a light / alarm go off in the house if this happened.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Brian
Controllers - Vera firmware 979 Dongle version 2.78 L:1, GE 45601 and 45608, HA07c, HA09c
Outlets/Switches - HA01c, (2) HA02c, (4) VRI06, (2) VRS15, HA04c (Not used yet) Sensor - HRDS1 Door/Window (garage door) Thermostat - WDTC-20 IP Camera - Linksys WVC54GCA

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 03:06:34 pm »
The underlying feed is the Google Weather API (which isn't well documented).  The nearest to what you're looking for is the Condition variable I added in the latest release.

It has these values (potentially more)

Clear
Cloudy
Fog
Haze
Light rain
Mostly Cloudy
Overcast
Partly Cloudy
Rain
Rain Showers
Showers
Thunderstorm
Chance of Showers
Chance of Snow
Chance of Storm
Mostly Sunny
Partly Sunny
Scattered Showers
Sunny

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 05:20:35 am »
Yahoo weather has a condition code for 'tornado' (see http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/), but AFAIK Yahoo does not accept longitude/latitude as input. One could use Google's reverse geocoding (see http://code.google.com/intl/us-US/apis/maps/documentation/services.html#ReverseGeocoding) to translate longitude/latitude to a location ...

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 09:37:11 am »
Go for it!  If you write the code I'll replace that part of the internal an republish it (with credits)

Offline Caffreyboy

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 05:33:28 am »
I tried to use the temperature variable to control a scene in vera, where as a test, a light would go on if a certain current temperature was reached, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Offline sjolshagen

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2009, 06:01:55 pm »
The underlying feed is the Google Weather API (which isn't well documented).  The nearest to what you're looking for is the Condition variable I added in the latest release.

It has these values (potentially more)

Clear
Cloudy
Fog
Haze
Light rain
Mostly Cloudy

guessed,

How did you identify the entries in the list? (Asking 'cause I'm looking for "Snow" "Sleet" or similar and wondering what the valid entries would be from Google)

// Thomas
Vera3/UI5 @ v1.5.622

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2009, 06:57:24 pm »
I found a blog posting after doing a whole bunch of searches.  I can't remember the URL but it had the most comprehensive list I'd seen so I added the full list of it's entries to the wiki for the weather plugin.

Unfortunately nothing seems Formal when using the google API.

Offline sjolshagen

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2009, 08:47:47 am »
Found some winter/fall related condition values as well (the previous values seem to have all been captured in June/July):

Snow
Snow Showers
Flurries
Rain and Snow
Ice/Snow
Fog
Windy
Heavy Rain

The big bummer, for me, with the google weather output is the lack of accumulation related data :-[
Vera3/UI5 @ v1.5.622

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2009, 10:41:15 am »
Thanks for the updated list.  I've added them to the Wiki page for the plugin.

Offline coryj

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2010, 11:59:21 am »
I seem to be missing something.  I am running through the steps on Wiki and I can't get this to work.  I originally used IE and the Plugin names look like this:

C%3A%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Ccojohnson%5CDesktop%5CWeather%5CD_Weather.xml

and so on.

I then loaded firefox and tried to upload the 3 files and nothing seems to change.  Is there a way to delete the ones that are incorrect so that the new ones will work.  i can't even add them a second time.  I am new to all of this so please bear with me.  Thanks

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2010, 12:28:58 pm »
@coryj

The instructions in the Wiki indicate that the filenames extracted from the ZIP must match exactly prior to upload:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Weather_Plugin

If the names matched 100% after extraction from the ZIP, but then got mangled during the upload, then that's likely a bug in Vera's upload functionality and/or the browser being used.

There is no way to "delete" bogus files via the Web Interface.  Instead you'd have to login to Vera directly, via SSH (etc), and delete them from the relevant directories.

Offline mversluis

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2010, 12:04:18 pm »
@coryj and other forum members.

I few of us have the same problems within IE , when the plugin is uploaded true IE.
The fault would be there is a complete path ( where teh source was located) into the filename.

Till so fare i did not get my answer how to solve it.

This noon I was walking to some collegues of mine , and pointed to this problem.
He told me , this would be very easy to solve. Login in and whola 4 correpted files , he ask for 4 time are you sure , really sure , can i deleted them.

So deleted the files was so easy.

Would it be helpfull to write it down ,and maby can place it on the wiki also ..?

Marco
An optimist is a person who sees only the lights in the picture,
 Whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows.  An idealist, however is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else:  the possibility of changing the picture, of making the light prevail over shadows.

Offline rmwarren

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2010, 11:59:00 pm »
I just received my Vera and tried to set up the weather plugin and I have had the same issue as coryj when uploading the files via IE. Can anyone expand on the suggestion to "login to Vera directly, via SSH" in order to delete the bad file references, I am not familiar with this.

Thanks.

Offline mikeholczer

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2010, 09:14:30 am »
Since you are using IE, I'm going to assume you are on Windows which does not include a ssh client. You could download and use Putty. It sounds like you aren't familiar with ssh though, so I would suggest using the the OpenWRT file editor to delete files from your Vera. If you go to the following URL you should see the files you uploaded and have the option to delete them using the red "X".

http://LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_VERA/cgi-bin/webif/system-editor.sh?path=/etc/cmh-ludl