We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Trane / Schlage Thermostat help needed - Cycle will not 'stick' when set by Vera  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Aaron

I know Fan Cycle (recirculate function) works on my Tstat since I have tested it by manually turning it on at the Tstat.

... but during testing with Vera (both manually and with scenes) it seems the Vera sends the command and thinks Cycle is set but it is not. On the next refresh, the Tstat is showing the previous setting (not Cycle)... All the other Tstat settings from the Vera work as expected.

anyone else try this, or know how to get it to work?

thx

Offline Aaron

no help at all, really?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Older Versions of the Thermostat did not support this option.
Just because it's on the UI does not mean it is applicable to your thermostat.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
I know my Trane tstat does not support the cycle command. Only at the tstat does it work, but not through vera. I has actually thinking the other day to create a scene to mimic the cycle feature so I can enable/disable it through vera when needed.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

Yup, it works fine for me when I turn it on manually at the tstat, which is what I've been doing.  Do you suspect it is a bug in the Vera code?

I have my fan cycle on 7 minutes, off 30 minutes. I can create a PLEG I suppose but I'd rather just use the Cycle on/off if we can convince MCV to fix the problem.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
No it is not a bug in MCV's code. The older Trane tstats mine and most likely yours does not have the z-wave command for the cycle option. From what I have read, the newer Trane tstats have the z-wave command for the cycle option and should work in Vera.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

No it is not a bug in MCV's code. The older Trane tstats mine and most likely yours does not have the z-wave command for the cycle option. From what I have read, the newer Trane tstats have the z-wave command for the cycle option and should work in Vera.

- Garrett

so this begs the question... can we update the firmware? :)