Author Topic: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins  (Read 255478 times)

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
Re: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 06:16:27 pm »
This works great.  I'll have to tie up the Wakeup Ramp plugin to it and see how well it works.
It's worth a try. Bear in mind that the lamp only has ten steps from 5% to 100% so you won't get a long, smooth fade. The color temperature is also done in ten steps. BTW: There is a hidden feature in the color temperature processing. If you set it below 2700, it will force a resynchronisation of the lamp's color temp setting and leave it at 2700. This may be important if you are sending it ramping values. If you started at 2699 then you would be sure it was correctly synchronised.

(Another Vera UI shortcoming, you can't have more than one slider; otherwise it'd be cool to be able to adjust the colour temperature by dragging a slider.)
Yes - if I coulda, I woulda. I'm trying really hard to use the standard json UI features but suspect that, before too long, I shall find myself reaching for js to overcome the limitations. It is so annoying not to be able to write stuff into the input textboxes!

We in the SI cabal thank you.
You are very welcome. Thanks for the feedback. Please let me know if you trip over any bugs.

Offline The-Source

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »
I got the wifi controller also. But only i dont get it paired with my device.
Pairing according to the devices is don with the remote by touching button number 5 (s + ) but pairing according to the wifi module is by pressing button 3  ( b + ) but i dont get it paired.
Even when i try to do s + in the mobile app i still don't get it paired.
I know this is offtopic but i dont really know an other place to ask it ;)
`

Giving it some extra tries... i got it working using the s + key :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:20:24 pm by The-Source »
there are only 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who don't ;)

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 12:24:13 am »
Hi RexBeckett

Great job on the plugin but so far I have failed to get it to work - I will keep trying!!  You can read my post about WiFi problems here re: the LimitLess LED versus WeMo:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14508.msg114343.html#msg114343

A quick question - what is the difference between the two "IP" entry fields in the Advanced Tab - one up the top and the other down with the port number?

If the LimitLess people are listening: your B22 bulbs could be slightly more tapered where the white plastic meets the bayonet metal shell, rather than the small plastic lip at the junction. Compare to one of these where the plastic tapers right to the shell:

http://www.ledbenchmark.com/display.php?id=6&name=OSRAM+LED+Superstar+Classic+A+50+Advanced

I have some lamp sockets where the LimitLess LED can't be plugged in, whereas the linked to bulb above can be and it's the slight lip that makes the difference. Not a problem with the Edison screw types.

Offline LimitlessLED

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 04:31:59 am »
thanks for the feedback a-lurker, yes this week we are designing a more tapered 8W brighter white and rgb versions of B22.

Cheers,
-Hamish.
LimitlessLED.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:41:39 am by LimitlessLED »

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:16 am »
Can someone verify that these are the correct settings on the LimitLess LED web page - they seem OK to me? I ask, only because FireFox was causing me all kinds of grief with what was grayed out and what was not. I had to resort to Windows Exploder!!

Auto Mode Settings:

Auto Mode Enable : checked
Protocol: UDP
C/S Mode: SERVER
Server Address: 0.0.0.0 (grayed out)
Tcp Link TimeOut: 120
Port Number: 50000

Further questions - am I correct in saying, that you don't need the remote control to Enroll the bulbs - that is: you can just use the Enroll/Light On button in the Plugin? Do the LEDs on the bridge flash or do anything when it receives(UDP)/sends(bulb) commands? How can you verify that the bridge is receiving commands from the plugin - anything in the log file?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:02:59 am by a-lurker »

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 05:31:44 am »
FireFox was causing me all kinds of grief with what was grayed out and what was not.

I too had to give up on Firefox and use Safari.  The installation instructions say to use Safari or Chrome, so clearly the web page in the firmware wasn't tested on all platforms.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2013, 04:49:42 pm »
Hope this might help.
I  had all sorts of problems here as well, luckily Hamish was spot on with his advice and very prompt as well.

I'm using Chrome and Android. The IP for the bridge is 192.168.0.100
The xxx.xxx.1.100 appears to be a apple thing.
Screen shot attached for bridge settings.

I used the remote to Enroll the LEDS firstly, had a lot of problems here as well as there was residual current in the wiring, the solution was to disconnect (unscrew) the LEDS, then reconnect, follow the procedure. Then used the PlugIn once I verified all was OK.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:58:35 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 03:56:45 am »
@zedrally - thanks for that it confirmed I was on the right track.

OK after much messing around it "appears," that starting from scratch, that neither the white or RGB plugin will enroll any of the LED bulbs. I had to make use of the Android app "WiFi controller 2.0" to get things working:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cdy.client.remoteLed

I enrolled just one bulb using the phone app and from then on I could use the Vera Plugins to enroll either white or RGB bulbs. Beside the ip address and port number, the phone app wanted a username? I can only assume that first time round the phone app is setting up something additional in the WiFi bridge, that we don't know about.

Assuming I haven't messed up, it would be nice to know what this is, so that the plugins could be modified to be totally independent of the phone app. So anyone who is a first time user please try to enroll a bulb, using the Vera Plugins, before  accessing the bridge with any phone app and see what happens.

It would also be productive, if the WiFi bridge "Sys" LED could be used to indicate when a UDP datagram has just been received. The flash rate on the bridge power LED is somewhat annoying as well.

All great stuff and the plugins work well.

EDIT: not sure I have this correct. It may be the case that I'm just too slow with the Enroll button or the two seconds you have is actually shorter? I'm finding the enrollment process to be inconsistent.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:20:24 am by a-lurker »

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 04:47:31 am »
I can't remember being asked for user name, however if I was, then I would have entered the default for the bridge.

IIRC, it was admin, 1234.

Hopefully, someone else can chip in here and verify it.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline filename.exe

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 05:03:23 am »
If anyone is interested in a Python API for the LimitlessLED lights, checkout my new Python-WiFi-LEDs package.

You can install it via `pip install wifileds` or via the source at https://github.com/joaquincasares/python-wifi-leds.

Full documentation can be found in the README.md in the root of the project, `wifileds/limitlessled/README.md`, and test files located at the GitHub link.

Hope this helps someone and if you have anything you'd like to add, I'll happily be accepting pull requests! :)

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2013, 07:08:22 am »
A few questions have been asked whilst I was off on vacation. Sorry for the delay.

You should not need to use the phone app to enroll a lamp onto the bridge. The timing between switching on power to the lamp and hitting the enroll button is critical. I can only suggest retrying until you get the confirmation flashing of the lamp.

The plugins will never ask for login information. That is only required for access to the Bridge's built-in server for initial set up.

Sadly there is no way to confirm that a UDP datagram was received by the Bridge - other than seeing the lamp change.

Hamish, it seemed to me that there were independent brightness levels for the disco modes as well as white and RGB. The MiLightCU plugin resets the brightness level of the lamp to match the setting on the dashboard slider whenever the mode is changed.

Offline zekelion

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 11:35:45 am »
I'm loving this plugin and use it to give a visual indication of my security system status.  I found a wireless RGB strip controller on eBay that appeared to use the same frequency/controller as the LED bulbs (search item number 160994718580 on ebay).  I finally got around to testing it with the wifi adapter/vera plugin and it works perfectly.  It's a great option for those who want to integrate vera with RGB led strips!

Offline shrathod

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 07:39:20 am »
Hi,

Is there a way to use the Plugins in SQ Remote?

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 06:20:19 am »
does anyone know if the RGB lamp can be triggered to take a preset Color via UDP ?

its very much toy-like if have to zapp trough the colors .. and the vera does not really "see" the active color as well due missing Eye's and Status response.
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline johnfdl

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 05:57:01 pm »
Thanks for the great work on the plug-in.  I have a silly question.  Would this lamp be useless on a light controlled by a regular wall switch?  For example, if someone flips the wall switch off that powers a lamp with these bulbs, then no app, vera call, or remote will be able to control the light....is that correct?  So the use case here is an installation into a socket that is 'always on' or one where one can not/should not use the wall switch?  Just considering the WAF in this solution.