We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins  (Read 290881 times)

Offline doeners

Re: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »
Hi Rex,

I have installed ui7, in ui6 u could add another device in the app advanced properties. But with ui7 that's not possible, how can i add another milightrgbw device?

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »
Hi Rex,

I have installed ui7, in ui6 u could add another device in the app advanced properties. But with ui7 that's not possible, how can i add another milightrgbw device?

This is a known problem with UI7 that should be fixed in the next release. Meanwhile, you can do this:

Click Apps -> Develop Apps -> Create device and enter data for these fields:

Description: <your required device name>
Upnp Device Filename: D_MiLightRGBW.xml
Upnp Implementation Filename: I_MiLightRGBW.xml
Ip Address: <IP address of MiLight bridge>

Restart Vera by Apps -> Develop Apps -> Serial Port Configuration -> Reload Luup and refresh your browser page. Now open the Advanced tab for the new device and enter:

device_json: D_MiLightRGBW.json
Zone: <required zone on bridge>

If there is no entry for Zone, restart and refresh after entering device_json and it should appear.

Restart Vera (if it didn't do so automatically) and refresh your browser page to complete the process.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:19:49 pm by RexBeckett »

Offline doeners

« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2014, 11:50:20 am »
Hi Rex,

This is a known problem with UI7 that should be fixed in the next release. Meanwhile, you can do this:

Click Apps -> Develop Apps -> Create device and enter data for these fields:

Description: <your required device name>
Upnp Device Filename: D_MiLightRGBW.xml
Upnp Implementation Filename: I_MiLightRGBW.xml
Ip Address: <IP address of MiLight bridge>

Restart Vera by Apps -> Develop Apps -> Serial Port Configuration -> Reload Luup and refresh your browser page. Now open the Advanced tab for the new device and enter:

device_json: D_MiLightRGBW.json
Zone: <required zone on bridge>

If there is no entry for Zone, restart and refresh after entering device_json and it should appear.

Restart Vera (if it didn't do so automatically) and refresh your browser page to complete the process.

Thanks Rex!!

That works.
Thanks for the work on the plugin.

Here is another question ;)
It doesn't seem possible to create a scene which change the color off the bulbs, since i can only turn the light off or on?
Any idea how to do this ?

Thanks!

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2014, 12:17:30 pm »
It doesn't seem possible to create a scene which change the color off the bulbs, since i can only turn the light off or on?
Any idea how to do this ?

That is another missing feature that is reported to be fixed in a future release. Meanwhile, you could use the Luup option in a scene to call the appropriate actions.

This would set device 123 to red:
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1", "SetColor", {newColor = "red"},123)
This would set device 123 to hue 144 (orange):
luup.call_action("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1", "SetHue", {newHue = 144},123)
See the attached instructions for other actions.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins V1.2 for UI7
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2014, 02:23:44 pm »
V1.2 of all three MiLight plugins is now available in the App Store. This version improves the display and operation of the devices under UI7. If you are using UI5, there is no advantage in this version over V1.0. These plugins use a special version of the UI layout file for UI7. When first installed or updated, it will require an additional Reload Luup and browser refresh before the UI displays correctly.

If you do not have Automatic Update enabled, you may update the plugins by entering the following command in your browser - replacing <veraip> with the IP address of your Vera (without the <>):

MiLightRGBW:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5846

MiLightRGB:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5856

MiLightWhite:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5866

UI7 does not currently provide the means to display the plugin's Help files. See the first post for direct links to the files.

Offline doeners

Re: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins V1.2 for UI7
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:51 pm »
V1.2 of all three MiLight plugins is now available in the App Store. This version improves the display and operation of the devices under UI7. If you are using UI5, there is no advantage in this version over V1.0. These plugins use a special version of the UI layout file for UI7. When first installed or updated, it will require an additional Reload Luup and browser refresh before the UI displays correctly.

If you do not have Automatic Update enabled, you may update the plugins by entering the following command in your browser - replacing <veraip> with the IP address of your Vera (without the <>):

MiLightRGBW:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5846

MiLightRGB:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5856

MiLightWhite:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5866

UI7 does not currently provide the means to display the plugin's Help files. See the first post for direct links to the files.

Nice work Rex  :)

Offline joer.

« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2014, 03:11:51 pm »
wouldn't using the color rgb value be exactly the same as individually controlling each channel?
I mean there is only a certain amount of colors based on the 3 values, and that is what the color code is for....

Offline monkeydance

« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2014, 03:13:07 pm »
I agree I just haven't mucked about with the plug-in. From there I guess I could just make a button on my phone for each color

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2014, 03:51:19 am »
wouldn't using the color rgb value be exactly the same as individually controlling each channel?
I mean there is only a certain amount of colors based on the 3 values, and that is what the color code is for....

It would if the code contained fields for each RGB value. It doesn't. It is mapped to a range of lamp hues that are a mix of up to two of the primary RGB LEDs. There are no codes that use all three LEDs so it is not possible to chose white this way.

White on the RGB+W lamp is a separate LED and mode. White mode on the RGB lamp does use all three LED colours but it is more cyan than white and not adjustable. The two-colour White lamp allows mixing of the two channels to give a range of color temparatures - approx 2700K - 5000K.

Offline Beags

« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2014, 12:30:02 am »
Couple of silly questions,

Does the    MiLightRGB plugin work with the RGB led strip lighting controlled with the mi light controller?

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the mi light wifi controller (not the blue sticker) but also doesn't say ver 3
There does not seem to be a way of logging in & giving it a ip address. I tried ip scan & it gave me a ip address of 192.168.1.20 with the right MAC address but I am unable to ping it & the plugin won't work with those credentials.

Cheers
Beags

Offline Beags

« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2014, 06:20:29 am »
Thanks Rex,

Your a champion. Great plugin

Offline Beags

« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2014, 06:27:31 am »
Everything seems to work great,

except the off or on buttons don't work anymore :(
unless I push sync everytime.

Is this correct?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:39:44 am by Beags »

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2014, 02:11:04 pm »
Everything seems to work great, except the off or on buttons don't work anymore :(
unless I push sync everytime.

Can you explain this a little more? Did they once work and have now stopped? Does anything happen to the LED or to the GUI when you click the buttons? Do the Min and Max buttons work?

What Vera firmware are you running? How far is the Bridge from the LED Controller?

Offline Beags

« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2014, 08:53:06 pm »
Hi Rex,
Everything is working today after I moved the wifi controller closer to the router & further away from controller (In the middle now)

It all worked yesterday the first time & then after i chose a disco mode I could not control on or off unless I hit the sync button then it would work. I.E hit the off button the GUI would go to off but the lights were still on unless I hit the sync button. Then I would choose on, GUI would go to ON 100%brightness & yellow bulb icon but light would still be off until i hit sync.
When the ON & OFF buttons don't work the others still seem to like dim.

What sort of fixed it last night was to go & set a colour hue value, hit sync, & then I could contol ON & OFF again ( I got fancy playing with different modes & it stopped again till this morning when I moved the WIFI controller & everything back to working.

I am running firmware 1.5.622.

After awhile it has gone back to the problem of needing to be synced everytime.
strangly enough if you keep hitting the button like ON a few times it will eventually turn on, same with OFF

I tried creating a scene to this but everytime you save scene it reverts to either on with min intensity or full intensity & off.

Could I run code in a scene to turn on & then sync & another scene for off?

& if so what would the code be?

Would I be better off running UI7 I originally had to run UI5 to get my USB to Serial to work (Which you helped big time with) but now I cant use it because I can't work out how to use it with global cache device. So now nothing stopping me from going to UI7 & using ir on global cache instead of RS232
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:40:09 pm by Beags »

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:16 am »
strangly enough if you keep hitting the button like ON a few times it will eventually turn on, same with OFF

This sounds like a communications problem - most likely between the LED Controller and the Bridge. This could be caused by too much distance, obstacles or interference from nearby electronics like switching power supply. Try moving the Bridge closer to the LED Controller.

I tried creating a scene to this but everytime you save scene it reverts to either on with min intensity or full intensity & off.

I don't understand this. You should be able to make a scene with On or Off button actions. You can also use the Advanced tab in the scene's actions editor to set any of the controls - including the Sync action.

Could I run code in a scene to turn on & then sync & another scene for off?

You can send actions using Lua but there is no advantage over using the Advanced scene actions. The Sync button causes the plugin to resend all the commands to set the lamp to the state of the GUI. If it is only on and off commands that are getting lost, just repeat them.

Would I be better off running UI7

I very much doubt it. There are still a number of serious bugs in UI7. I can see no reason why the MiLight plugins would work any better on UI7 than they do on UI5.