Author Topic: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins  (Read 276855 times)

Offline Beags

Re: MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2014, 05:35:37 am »
Thanks again,

Sending multiple ON & OFF commandds seem to work well. Also the advanced TAB has opened up a whole new bag of tricks

Cheers

Offline scturner

« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2014, 12:09:34 am »
I had the same issue with the disconnect and the firmware from the manufacture resolved my issue as well.

Now I have another issue when I was initially fighting with the system I managed to get to bulbs joined but they are both on one zone/group/channel.     I have been unable to get the bulb to reset is there a way to do it with the vera app? 

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2014, 03:58:04 am »
Now I have another issue when I was initially fighting with the system I managed to get to bulbs joined but they are both on one zone/group/channel.     I have been unable to get the bulb to reset is there a way to do it with the vera app?

You should be able to remove a lamp from a group with one of these procedures:

With the Mi-Light App: Disconnect the lamp power then reconnect it while holding down the On button for the group to which it was associated. If successful, the lamp will flash about six times.

With the hardware remote: Turn the lamp power off then turn it back on and, within three seconds, hit the Group On button (to which it was associated) five times.  If successful, the lamp will flash about six times.

The timing for these procedures is very critical. I did not find a way to do it from Vera. Note that this process removes the lamp from all its registered groups.

Offline scturner

« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »
Thanks Rex,   I fought with it some more and was finally able to get the timing just right to reset the bulb.

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2014, 07:22:27 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you to RexBeckett for a great plugin.  I purchased 2 RGBW bulbs today, and had them up and running on separate groups in minutes thanks to the help in this forum and the documentation provided.  Based on this success, I am very likely to be getting some more of these amazing bulbs.
p.s. I don't know which generation my bridge is, but just for general reference it has what looks like a very pale grey (almost silver) label, and worked out of the box with firmware version: V1.0.04a-JCY-1
jtmoore

Offline rustypea

« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2015, 06:43:03 pm »
I've been playing with the MiLightRGBW plugin for many hours now.  Everything works apart from the fading - in color or white mode.  I have tried the Advanced tab and played with every possible function from the Dimming1 set - SetRampToLevel, SetRampRate, StepUp etc etc.  Nothing appears to work in this set apart from SetLoadLevelTarget, which jumps straight to that level  (albeit with a 500ms or so dimming ramp that seems to be the default for all white dimming since a factory reset).  I've tried changing the options to "nka,mdl=5,odt=2000" to give a default fade time of 2s (already default?) but this doesn't seem to do anything either.

I simply want a nice fade on or off, a fade between levels and (ideally, on day), a fade between colors and a fade between brightnesses when on a color mode.  For now, let's just focus on a basic timed fade between white brightnesses.

I'm happy to write this myself in lua code if it's currently broken on the plugin, but I am not experienced yet in lua (although I am a developer so can pick it up but would love so people's existing examples if written/needed).  I understand the theory of getting the current settings, storing in variables, getting the new desired levels and moving to them over time - I can write this, even something to do this and fade nicely between two RGB values or from white to an RGB.. buuuuut, again, some starting tips would be awesome if anyone has something working that they can share. :D  Once I'm done, I'll share what I create.

In summary, is the plugin meant to be able to fade over a given period? if so, is it broken? if so, is it just for some people? or should it be possible?  :P

I'm on MiLightRGBW plugin version 1.2, UI5, using a 9W LimitlessLED bulb and using the v4 (black label) wifi bridge.

Thanks!

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2015, 06:50:51 am »
In summary, is the plugin meant to be able to fade over a given period? if so, is it broken? if so, is it just for some people? or should it be possible?

The MiLight plugins do not have a fade function other than the short one you have seen when changing the brightness to something other than 100%.

You could implement a fade and/or slow colour change with Lua code. See Delayed Actions for some example code.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2015, 09:43:52 am »
This thread is now way too long so I have split out some of the posts into separate topics. I shall lock this thread so please post any new questions as new, appropriately named topics.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins V1.3 Released
« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2015, 07:20:26 am »
V1.3 of all three MiLight plugins is now available in the App Store. This version fixes the display problems resulting from changes in UI7 7.0.5. There should be no effect on systems running UI5.

When first installed or updated on UI7, an additional Reload Luup and browser refresh are required before the UI displays correctly.

If you do not have Automatic Update enabled, you may update the plugins by entering the following command in your browser - replacing <veraip> with the IP address of your Vera (without the <>):

MiLightRGBW:
Code: [Select]
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5846
MiLightRGB:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5856
MiLightWhite:
http://<veraip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=5866