We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Programing a Remotec ZFM-80  (Read 40904 times)

Offline waltzer11

Re: Programing a Remotec ZFM-80
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »
Looking at your screenshot, you'll notice that the desired values do not match the current values. This suggests that the ZMF-80 has not been configured by Vera. Try configure node right now and see if it will work. If not, you may have a Z-Wave communication problem that could require a heal, at least.

Your description of what happens when you press the button on the ZMF-80  sounds like the ZMF-80 is turning On and staying On for one minute before the failsafe turns it back off. That is as it should be and the non-working wall button, while the ZMF-80 switch is On(closed), is expected.

Why the door isn't activating, I don't know. I suspect that you might not have the wires connected to the garage door opener correctly.

If you remove the red and white wire from the ZMF-80 and touch them together momentarily, does the garage door activate? It should. If it does not, then you either have the wires incorrectly connected or your opener is the first I've seen that does not respond to a closed contact. If the latter, you will not be able to use the ZMF-80 in this case.
ok i will double check my wire connections. i entered those desired values following your post exchanges with bobsrichardson #80 & #81. i am not even sure if i have to do that. i will delete all of them and see what happen. if i can't use ZFM-80 as you surmised, then i can go with the plugin that "macho" is still working in a different thread. thanks and i will post soon. i will try to touch the red and white wires together also and see if it will activate the door.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2014, 10:21:48 am »
Looking at your screenshot, you'll notice that the desired values do not match the current values. This suggests that the ZMF-80 has not been configured by Vera. Try configure node right now and see if it will work. If not, you may have a Z-Wave communication problem that could require a heal, at least.

Your description of what happens when you press the button on the ZMF-80  sounds like the ZMF-80 is turning On and staying On for one minute before the failsafe turns it back off. That is as it should be and the non-working wall button, while the ZMF-80 switch is On(closed), is expected.

Why the door isn't activating, I don't know. I suspect that you might not have the wires connected to the garage door opener correctly.

If you remove the red and white wire from the ZMF-80 and touch them together momentarily, does the garage door activate? It should. If it does not, then you either have the wires incorrectly connected or your opener is the first I've seen that does not respond to a closed contact. If the latter, you will not be able to use the ZMF-80 in this case.

i guess i can't use ZFM-80. i removed the red and white wire from the ZFM80-touching them together did not activate the garage door. i double checked the wiring and looked ok. something new came up now; when i press the ZFM80, the blue LED stays lit forever (no power at the wall controller). also, when i press my iphone's "lock/unlock" button of the garage door plugin, the ZFM's blue LED turns on/off. this means it is partially communicating with vera right? anyway i can open/close my garage door with my iphone - i bought the MyQ chamberlain gateway internet. i will just find another place where i can use ZFM80. thanks for your help

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2014, 10:44:14 am »
i guess i can't use ZFM-80. i removed the red and white wire from the ZFM80-touching them together did not activate the garage door. i double checked the wiring and looked ok.
I'd be interested to know the precise model number of your garage door opener that does not respond to a closed contact.

something new came up now; when i press the ZFM80, the blue LED stays lit forever (no power at the wall controller).
This sounds like parameter 2 is still at 0, disabling the failsafe that turns the ZMF-80 back off.

also, when i press my iphone's "lock/unlock" button of the garage door plugin, the ZFM's blue LED turns on/off. this means it is partially communicating with vera right?
If you mean it turns On then Off a moment later, it sounds like the Vera and ZMF-80 are now communicating properly. That is exactly how it should behave.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2014, 01:21:45 pm »
i guess i can't use ZFM-80. i removed the red and white wire from the ZFM80-touching them together did not activate the garage door. i double checked the wiring and looked ok.
I'd be interested to know the precise model number of your garage door opener that does not respond to a closed contact.

something new came up now; when i press the ZFM80, the blue LED stays lit forever (no power at the wall controller).
This sounds like parameter 2 is still at 0, disabling the failsafe that turns the ZMF-80 back off.

also, when i press my iphone's "lock/unlock" button of the garage door plugin, the ZFM's blue LED turns on/off. this means it is partially communicating with vera right?
If you mean it turns On then Off a moment later, it sounds like the Vera and ZMF-80 are now communicating properly. That is exactly how it should behave.

(1) Model WD832KEV Chamberlain 1/2" HP Belt Drive
(2) Parameter 2 is now 1 (see attached)
(3) Blue LED of ZFM80 still blinking when i press lock/unlock of the garage door plugin but not activating the door.
thanks.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2014, 10:57:45 pm »
Your ZMF-80 is correctly setup.

I've never used this specific model garage door opener. But , if momentarily touching the Red and White wires together doesn't activate the door, you won't be able to use the ZMF-80 with it.

The alternative to Z-Wave enable the door, is to connect a Z-Wave relay, like the ZMF-80 to the button contacts on a wireless remote, rather than directly to the garage door opener.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2014, 01:50:18 pm »
The alternative to Z-Wave enable the door, is to connect a Z-Wave relay, like the ZMF-80 to the button contacts on a wireless remote, rather than directly to the garage door opener.

you mean the wireless remote that we use in the car? does it involve soldering?

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »
Yes, the wireless remote. Yes, you would need to solder two wires to the button contacts on the remote.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »
Yes, the wireless remote. Yes, you would need to solder two wires to the button contacts on the remote.

Thanks Z-Waver for the pointers. I was able to zwave enable my Chamberlain GDO with macho's plugin. It was much simpler-no need for ZFM-80. Neither do I need any sensor nor the garage door plugin. Now I need to find a new place for ZFM-80.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=24715.new;topicseen#new

Offline ghoste

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2014, 09:25:32 pm »
For anyone looking to integrate their ZFM-80 in a newer garage door system via remote control (Genie, Chamberlain, etc), please view the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmiG2boph4I&

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2015, 08:53:23 pm »
Hi you said "on" is closed and "off" the door is open. I went to my garage with my iphone. the door is closed, vera says "off" and ZFM status LED is also off. I did the following:
(1) I press click "on" in my iphone and door opens and ZFM status LED turns on.
(2) I press "off" in my iphone, door remains open but ZFM status LED turned off.
(3) press "on" in iphone, door closes and ZFM status LED turns on.
(4) press "off" in iphone, door stays closed but ZFM status LED turned off.

Do you think you can share the scene you created and I will try it and see if can have a clearer understanding of all these "offs" and "ons". thanks.

Hi
Did someone post the scene?  I can't find it in any of the post.
Thanks Tim