We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PAN06, only switch  (Read 1345 times)

Offline slv-net

PAN06, only switch
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »
Hello

I'm using PAN04/06 switches. It have 2 relays and 2 switch ('buttons'). I fact, I need only one relay. But...

Second button I like to use to switch different circuit/light etc.

And I have question. (I'm new, sorry if it is a stupid question).

I have controller (Vera Lite). If I press physical button on switch (PAN04/PAN06) I switch local relay. But I don't like to switch local relay.
I like pass signal to controller, controller decide what to do. If there is logic to switch relay - signal will back to switch. Mean... I like to switch off connection between _physical button_ and _relay inside physical switch_. And decide by controller (eg I don't want to switch light if today is monday etc).

I'm wrong ?

Best

Offline sely

Re: PAN06, only switch
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:59 pm »
I think the control between the input 1 and output 1 is not configurable.    You could wire switch to input 2 and load to output 1 then control entirely thru Vera (not turn on Mondays)  This way you could not use the switch without Vera.  Also I don't know if the status of input 1 will work without a load.  I think you need to do some bench testing.  Btw  I never could get parameter 3 to work per the manual.  Maybe my switch was defective.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:08:09 pm by sely »

Offline slv-net

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:27:51 am »
I think the control between the input 1 and output 1 is not configurable. 

I gess it doesn't in this version of firmware. But it could be configurable by changing firmware.
How You manage disallow to use of selected circuit. In my opinion it should be manged by Vera/controler.

You could wire switch to input 2 and load to output 1 then control entirely thru Vera (not turn on Mondays)  This way you could not use the switch without Vera.

yap. It is some workaround. Creazzy but yes, it could be done this way. But user could press input '2', correct ? Then output '1' could be on manulally.

Also I don't know if the status of input 1 will work without a load.

it is working. I have some done this way.

Btw  I never could get parameter 3 to work per the manual.  Maybe my switch was defective.

what 'parametr 3' mean ? In pan04 <> pan06 parameters is different. For example for bistable switch

Offline sely

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »
Sorry slv-net,
I meant parameter 1. 
By changing parameter 1=2 or 1=3 I could never get the module to only report status of just one relay.  From the manual for the Pan06:
Configuration parameter 1=1 Report ON either relay 1 ON or relay 2 ON
                                              Report OFF when both relay 1 and relay 2 OFF
Configuration parameter 1=2 Report ON when relay 1 ON
                                              Report OFF when relay 1 OFF
Configuration parameter 1=3 Report ON when relay 2 ON
                                              Report OFF when relay 2 OFF
I am just a newbie on z-wave myself so perhaps someone else can help.  I was using UI7 when i tested parameter 1.