Author Topic: 2nd Genaration H@L - Android Only Voice Recognition for Vera  (Read 50261 times)

Offline Piwtorak

Re: 2nd Genaration HAL - Android Only Voice Recognition for Vera
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 09:37:20 am »
Hello Richard,

I am trying something to use in android tablet to try voice commands to my vera.

I can not find the instructions to install Hal on my system, can you help me ?

is this compatible with portuguese language or only english ?

thanks in advance !

Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:54 am »
You install HAL from the Google Play store.
Search for HAL and Vera

Voice recognition is in English only now.
It was designed to be localized to other languages for the both the menus and the command grammar. The latter requires that Google voice recognition can recognize your commands in your local language. My next release will make it easy for people to start to localize the grammar for testing purposes.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »
I will try and let you know...
thanks !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline allmoney.ws

• Vera 3
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:50 am »
Wait locale with open mike too :)

Offline allmoney.ws

• Vera 3
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 04:57:10 am »
Tested HAL with russian language.

1) One time App exit with error. Sent log by Google Service.
2) If I wrote russian phrase in "Google Translation" and english in ''What I Said" all is WORK!
3) If I said similar phrare, for example - "выключить", not "выключи" it's not understand my command :( Fuzzy Match Limit not work in my case.
4) Welcome message not work in russian. Only english letters.
5) I wrote Gesture at Request tab (which added before at Gestures tab) and if it not Recognized - not open Result page (voice/gesture/error clicked)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 08:18:44 am »
Thanks I will look into the issues.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 02:45:57 pm »
I have just installed HAL. What a great program !!! 2 questions. Actually, 3 questions. I have watched your you tube video, which really helped getting me started, but it did not answer these question.

I have temperature sensors, and would like to know the temperature. One is calles Temp master bedroom. I tried temp master bedroom, temperature master bedroom, status temp master bedroom... nothing. So i am doing something wrong.

Second question, can i (and if how) run scenes ?

Third one... how can i assign a voice command to a device, lets say my device has a long name, and i just want to call it 'test' to turn on/off ?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 04:30:47 pm »
1) Temp Master bedroom status
2) Scene Name   
     or
    Run Scene Name
3) Enter  it in the dictionary ... some phrase to some command

Offline mikee123

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »
Ok 1 + 2 working. Although if i say just the scene name, the phrase is recognised correctly, but there is no command associated, but it works if i say run followed by the scene name, so thats fine. Now, I am struggling a little with the dictionary. When I try to get my awning to come in or out, google does not understand me (it does not seem to have that word or be capable to capture that word), so I am trying to use the word shade instead. The device is called 'awning out'. So I have put awning out in google translation, shade out in what I said ( I have tried the other way round too but that did not work either). I then go back to the voice commands, and the command shade out is captured correctly, but there is no recognised (associated) command.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 09:16:55 am »
try :
what i said : shade out    google translation: awning out on
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 09:24:23 am »
in general you could say the phrase that you want to have recognized and look at the result page what the HAL comes up with as recognized command and put that in the dictionary on the "Google Translation" side and put the english command on the "What I Said" side. (for example: "light kitchen on"
for the temperature i have in dutch at the "Google Translation" side  : buitentemperatuur  and on the "What I Said" side i have : "backdoor temp status" without the "" ofcourse. so when i say : "wat is de buitentemperatuur" the HAL responds with : "backdoor temp is XX degrees"
now all we need is something that exchanges the "backdoor temp is XX degrees" with dutch language :-)
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline mikee123

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 09:45:53 am »
try :
what i said : shade out    google translation: awning out on

This is basically what i did, but i forgot the 'on', i thought i did not need it but i think i do. The device 'awning out' is extending the awning. But i probably need to tell it 'on', otherwise it'll recognise the device but does not know what to do with it. As the device is called awning out i thought the 'out' is like the on command, but this is not the case !
I guess when i try that later it will solve the problem !

Offline AP

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 08:32:09 pm »
Hi, I get version error when I start the app, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 09:24:34 pm »
Upgrade the App ... you should be on Version 1.007

Offline AP

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 07:08:27 am »

Upgrade the App ... you should be on Version 1.007

I am on that version, even reinstalled it. And I have tested it on two android pads with fresh downloads from google playstore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free