Author Topic: Kira IR Receiver and Transmitter Plugins  (Read 66637 times)

Offline shallowearth

Re: Kira IR Receiver and Transmitter Plugins
« Reply #300 on: December 11, 2015, 03:07:15 pm »
Make sure you don't have the Tidy up option set on the Kira, you might try setting it to allow long codes (the code is on the longish side but not crazy long).

Finaly, associate your codes to scenes and see if the right scene is firing, I have found the Kira plug in UI can be a little slow to update, even if it is doing the right thing under the covers.  Best test is to make sure the scene you intended to run is running :-)

Offline filippodei

« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2015, 11:15:52 am »
Hello and thanks.
I tried but at the end of all test, the issue was caused by the remote. I use the app mi remote on my smartphone redmi note 2 and use for example one tv lg remote. And with this, all ok!

thanks in advance for all

this is a very great plugin!

Offline boykster

« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »
Love the plugin, but starting to have an odd behavior when the lua engine restarts -

Every OTHER time it restarts, the KiraRT plugin fails to bind the port specified in the ip param variable.  If I change the port to be a different one (same IP, and change at both KIRA plugin and on hardware), same behavior, so I don't think it's a port contention issue with any other plugins or devices.

Kira plugin version 1.2
UI version 7 build 1.7.1707

I have a backup from a couple of weeks ago I can test out to see if its something that's changed in my setup, but it seems odd that it happens every other time the engine cycles.  Almost like its not releasing the port in time for the plugin to reattach to it....

EDIT- restored to a backup from 10 days ago, and so far so good...we'll see if the issue rears its head
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:09:03 pm by boykster »

Offline boykster

« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2016, 07:20:22 pm »
Something about the WWN plugin being installed / device created.  Backup I reverted to didn't have a nest device created, but the app was installed.  as soon as I created a nest device, the odd port issue happened again. 

Not sure I'm going to investigate much further - I don't really do much with my Nest via Vera - my Echo or Nest app does most of the heavy lifting, and I have a netatmo system to check temps and such....interesting though

Offline skydancer

« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2016, 03:28:39 am »
Hi,
Is seems that i can't use the plugin in scenes as action device (to send codes) only as trigger.
Is there any solution to my problem?

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2016, 01:03:50 am »
Once you have codes stored for the Kira, you can send them (per the manual), by adding a LUUP command scene by typing it in in the " Also, execute the following Luup code:" of the scene wizard.

Here is the snippet from the manual with a sample LUUP command

Sending IR Codes

Stored IR codes are sent using the KiraRT action SendIRCode. This has three arguments:

IRCodeName=<name of stored code> Required.

Count=<number of times to send> Optional. 1-10. Default is 1.

Delay=<ms delay between sends> Optional. 1-500. Default is 50 ms.

E.g.

luup.call_action(?urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:KiraRT1?, "SendIRCode", {IRCodeName=?TVOn?, Count=3 }, 123)

Offline tylergn

« Reply #306 on: September 07, 2017, 07:40:17 am »
I've just installed the Kira RT plugin and have configured it with my KIRAM box. It all seems to be working fine. I have learned and saved some codes from my remotes and can transmit them OK using the the Test button in the control page of the device. But, I cannot get the IR Transmit to work from a scene LUUP code. This is my code line:

luup.call_action("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:KiraRT1", "SendIRCode", {IRCodeName="SamTVOnOff",Count=3 },123)

The CodeName is definitely correct (I copied/pasted it) and that code works fine from the test button, but when I run the scene, although I get the scene success message, no IR is transmitted.

I have succesfully set up a scene that triggers if the same code is received so I am at a loss as to why it won't transmit. I can only presume there is an error in my call action line but I can't see it.

Help!!!!

thanks

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #307 on: September 07, 2017, 10:29:01 am »
Is 123 the deviceID of your Kira?  You need to replace 123 with your Kira's device number.

Offline tylergn

« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2017, 11:01:01 am »
Doh! Thank you! I was reading it that the 123 was the delay time, but of course you need to tell it which device to use. Newbie error. Working perfectly now. Thanks for the quick reply.