We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Nest plugin ferinheight to celsius  (Read 1923 times)

Offline mattpally

Nest plugin ferinheight to celsius
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:24:37 pm »
New to vera been running it with my Intermatic dimmers and kwikset deadbolt for a couple weeks now, decided to explore more of the UI5 and got excited to see the nest plugin. Went ahead and downloaded it and got it to integrate nicely between my nest and my veralite. One thing i wish i could do being from canada is change the display from ferinheight to celsius. Does anyone know if this is possible. Im green with the z-wave stuff and programming so if its a simple fix im sorry for asking a stupid question.

Offline watou

Re: Nest plugin ferinheight to celsius
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »
The Nest plugin relies on the temperature scale setting within the Vera.  If you go to Setup -> Location in your UI5 web interface, you ought to be able to change the F to a C.  Not sure if it reboots at that point, but it will probably have the old, incorrect F value expressed as C momentarily, at least until the next poll from nest.com, at which point it ought to starting showing proper Celsius values.  Please report back if you see anything different.

watou

Edit: Not a stupid question!  The answer doesn't jump out at one, anyway.  Ask away! :)

Offline mattpally

Re: Nest plugin ferinheight to celsius
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »
Worked like a charm. Took about 15 seconds to refresh after i changed my timezone then gave me the option to change from F to C. Thanks so much!!