Author Topic: Aeon Labs Panic Button - Cannot get to fire scene on Vera Lite  (Read 2741 times)

Offline PaulMcT

I have installed the Aeon Labs Panic Button and it looks like it is recognized properly - when setting up a Trigger for a Scene it is listed as a device and asks which scene number to activate.

However, when I press the Button, a red light blinks but nothing happens (my scene does not fire). I've tried a couple of different scene numbers but no dice.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Aeon Labs Panic Button - Cannot get to fire scene on Vera Lite
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:08 am »
If you search the forum for panic button, you should be greeted with another topic on this very same issue.

- Garrett

Offline ozz621k

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »
I purchased the Aeon Panic button a couple weeks ago and have the same issue as described earlier. It looks to be configured but won't trigger a scene and the led is red when pressed. Been working with George from MCV as well as Chris from Aeon but all suggestions so far have not helped.

George is of the belief that the button is asleep so quickly it cannot be completely configured. Chris from Aeon said to hold down both pins (with tool provided) and request a configure now in controller. That option didn't prove to help as well.

Any ideas are appreciated, about ready to see if MCV will allow me to return and see if I can find another option to trigger a scene with a handheld single button remote.

Offline jholt11

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:58:25 pm »
I am having the same issue with getting my panic button to trigger a scene.  I do think the panic button is designed so that you have to press and HOLD the button until the lights blink green.  The single red light is likely letting you know that you have not triggered anything.  This is likely to avoid a false trigger as it is called a Panic Button.  So pressing and holding makes sense.  But even doing that I still can't get it to trigger either.

Offline PaulMcT

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:25:20 pm by PaulMcT »