We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Panel configuration for AD2USB  (Read 3281 times)

Offline pentium

Panel configuration for AD2USB
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:04:55 pm »
I have an installer coming next week to do all of the configuration for my vista 20 to use the AD2USB which I am proud to have in my possession.  I suppose they will also install the AD2USB.  The vista 20 was installed 10 years ago and is currently monitored via my land line.

My first question is about the keypad address.  From everything I had read, this unit had to be on keypad address 18.  I read another poster that said he configured it on address 23.  Is this address now configurable or does it still require address 18?  Assuming I have an installer here, what would be the best address to use recognizing that my system already has three keypads, a remote that looks like a wireless telephone, and a keyfob?  I may also have them install an EVL-3 just for another level of remote alarm education.

I also gleaned that I may want them to configure quick bypass?  TTL set to a low number like 15 seconds?

I have never used my motion detectors on the system.  Does anyone know if the installer can configure them so that they will trip for my vera purposes but not set off the alarm?  Meaning, I would like to know if someone is moving around but not set off the alarm.  I have all doors and windows specifically monitored by sensors. 

I am beyond excited to have this capability, and I will be installing the app next week after the installer is finished.

If anyone can think of any other tasks for the installer that would help me, please please suggest.  The installer is also going to install a GSM so that I can get rid of my land line.  I know there are probably cheaper monitoring options but I don't want to jeopardize the system while I in the learning mode.  I am also hoping to get the installer code from the installer.

Offline mr crewcab

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Panel configuration for AD2USB
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:26:14 pm »
could you please do me a huge favour and ask if the alarm codes are changeable over vera or only onsite? if its a no could you ask him if he knows of a system that does this.

this would be greatly appreciated

Kevin R

Offline pentium

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:20:15 pm »
I will ask him/her.  I assume you mean is it possible to get into programming mode from the interface with AD2USB?  I am really hoping the AD2USB will respond, but it would make sense to me that the interface plugs in like another keypad, so why couldn't we do whatever else a keypad can do? 

I will let you know what I find out.  They are coming next week.  However, they don't know what I am talking about over the phone.

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:32:52 pm »

My first question is about the keypad address.  From everything I had read, this unit had to be on keypad address 18.  I read another poster that said he configured it on address 23.  Is this address now configurable or does it still require address 18?  Assuming I have an installer here, what would be the best address to use recognizing that my system already has three keypads, a remote that looks like a wireless telephone, and a keyfob?  I may also have them install an EVL-3 just for another level of remote alarm education.

Two options:
1. Have the installer make sure there are no existing keypads on address 18 and if there is one move it (easy for experienced installer).
2. Read the manual for the ad2usb and change the address to something else http://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/Nutech/ad2usbquickstartv2.pdf

I also gleaned that I may want them to configure quick bypass?  TTL set to a low number like 15 seconds?

Quick bypass is nice.  Then in Vera you just type "all" in the bypass field and hit bypass to bypass all faulted zones. 

Not sure which TTL you're talking about here.

I have never used my motion detectors on the system.  Does anyone know if the installer can configure them so that they will trip for my vera purposes but not set off the alarm?  Meaning, I would like to know if someone is moving around but not set off the alarm.  I have all doors and windows specifically monitored by sensors. 

I'm not sure but there might be a zone type you can assign to the detectors that will send relays but not alarms (I'm not an expert, just ask your installer).   While he is there you will probably want him to setup the relays none-the-less.  Read about the relays in the huge ad2usb thread and here:
http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&catid=4&id=656

Offline mr crewcab

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:41:10 pm »
We need to be able to change the arm/disarm codes over the internet so I'm not sure if they have ever been asked that before but hopefully they have. Thank You for the help

Kevin R

Offline sound-mind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:44:04 am »
We need to be able to change the arm/disarm codes over the internet so I'm not sure if they have ever been asked that before but hopefully they have. Thank You for the help

Kevin R

You can not currently do that via the ad2usb plugin.  It is not a restriction of the ad2usb, just that the plugin for Vera does not support that.

Offline mr crewcab

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:56 pm »
do you know of a system that you will do this?