We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Light Switch Comparison  (Read 1027 times)

Offline jeff.cohen@sympatico.ca

• Sr. Newbie
Light Switch Comparison
« on: May 27, 2014, 03:51:40 pm »
Is it worth the extra money and purchase the Leviton light  switches compared to the GE 45609.  There is really no difference in size that I can see except the Leviton doesn't have the metal tabs.  Besides that they both turn lights on and off.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Light Switch Comparison
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »
It is up to you to decide if it is worth it or not. There are three major differences between these two switches. While the GE/Jasco 45609 On/Off Switch is a fine switch the Leviton VRS15-1LZ Vizia RF + 15A Scene Capable Switch has some additional features which include:
  • Different style paddle - Not the standard Decora paddle. Aesthetics.
  • Instant Status - Immediately notifies Vera when it has been manually activated versus Vera polling. This is important if the switch will be used to trigger other events or actions. Without it triggers can be delayed by minutes.
  • Scene capable - Can be associated with other devices so that turning on the switch also activates other Z-Wave devices.[/url]

Offline Lonestar10

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:24 pm »
This comparison chart was helpful when I was building my system:   

http://store.homeseer.com/store/HomeSeer-Z-Wave-OnOff-Wall-Switch-Comparison-W7.aspx

Note that this chart is several years old and model numbers may have changed, but it gives you an idea of options to look for.

IU7 VeraPlus - Ecobee 3 x2 - Kwikset - Nest - GE & Leviton Switches - Alexa

Offline jeff.cohen@sympatico.ca

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:19:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys.  That is good information.