We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Rainforest Automation Eagle ZigBee Smart Meter HAN Gateway Plugin  (Read 38397 times)

Offline wilme2

Re: Rainforest Automation Eagle ZigBee Smart Meter HAN Gateway Plugin
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 01:31:42 pm »
I just tried installing the plug in (thanks for creating this!) and I am getting the "ERROR: Device not ready". The device has been created and I can see it but it shows all 0's at the moment. Any suggestions of where to start to resolve?

Do you know your Eagle is paired to your electric meter?  If you log directly into the Eagle do you get the current energy readings?
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 01:37:48 pm »
Do you know your Eagle is paired to your electric meter?  If you log directly into the Eagle do you get the current energy readings?

Thanks for the quick reply, the eagle has been connected to my meter for about 6 months, I also cloud connect to wattvision and have had very solid results and connections (currently the cloud is reading what my meter is showing) I do have solar on my system as well, not sure how that plays.

One thing I was thinking is did I possibly use the wrong IP Address? I used the one from logging in to the rainforest website and clicking on the gateway then under settings --> internet --> IP address and Mac Address.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 01:53:40 pm »
I can't log into my Eagle from where I am now, but you will want to assign a static IP address.  Either in the Eagle, or in your DHCP server (likely your router).

You will want the local IP of the Eagle.  Likely in the range of 192.168.x.x...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 02:05:30 pm »
I can't log into my Eagle from where I am now, but you will want to assign a static IP address.  Either in the Eagle, or in your DHCP server (likely your router).

I tried looking for it on my network this am and didn't see it on the router, I might have to move it to a different switch to see it pop up so I can assign it a reservation. If anyone has ideas why it might not be easy to see I am all ears :)

Is it possible it has a different local mac address?

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »
Isn't there a URL on the underside of the device for local web access ?

I tried looking for it on my network this am and didn't see it on the router, I might have to move it to a different switch to see it pop up so I can assign it a reservation. If anyone has ideas why it might not be easy to see I am all ears :)

Is it possible it has a different local mac address?
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline wilme2

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »
On my router I can see it in the DHCP clients table.  Has "eagle" somewhere in the device name, I think...

I rarely have luck with local web access URLs, but definitely try that too-

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2016, 11:19:45 pm »
On my router I can see it in the DHCP clients table.  Has "eagle" somewhere in the device name, I think...

I rarely have luck with local web access URLs, but definitely try that too-

No luck on the web access URL (sure enough it was on the bottom) and I did finally track it down via the vera plus when trying to add a new IP camera, go figure... In my DHCP router is was a very obscure name and nothing to do with the eagle.

So I put the right IP address in and I am still getting the cant find device error. Any other ideas?

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 12:09:02 am »
Here is the error given by the LUUP code

SmartMeterHAN1 : HAN device not found. Verify connection and IP address.

I am able to access the device via the cloud and through wattvision API

Offline wilme2

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2016, 12:12:53 am »
But until you can access via the local IP address, I think that needs to be your focus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2016, 12:22:42 am »
But until you can access via the local IP address, I think that needs to be your focus.

We have lift-off, it helps when you finally get the right IP address. Ended up resetting the device and watching for the IP to disappear and there you go, identified the current IP. (Reserved in router as well)

Thanks for you help!

Also can you help with the settings for the update pulse?

Offline wilme2

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2016, 12:25:04 am »
Pulse is seconds between readings, I think.  Mine is set to 60...

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2016, 12:34:25 am »
Pulse is seconds between readings, I think.  Mine is set to 60...

Thanks I guessed that is what it would do but thought I should be a bit more sure, now to figure out if we want to do anything with it...

Offline jswim788

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2016, 01:23:53 pm »
This plugin works fairly well for me, but every hour or two I get 'nan' for most of the values.  This isn't too much of a problem, but it seems to mess up the graphing within the AltUI.  So I became curious as to what is going on.  So far, I see that most of the values coming back from the parsexml are 0's as seen by the luup.log calls that I uncommented and added.  Interestingly, 'xdelivered' is not 0 in this case, but the xtimestamp is.  I'm not sure, but it seems that the code is trying to block bad results by using the "if (xdemand and xtimestamp and xmult and xdiv) then", but that still passes in this case since the values are not nil.  As a short term fix, I'm thinking of checking to see if the xtimestamp is 0 and returning with an error if it is.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions for further debug?  I'm thinking of uncommenting this line:

-- luup.log("Got XML: " .. xml, 1)

I'm assuming that will print out the xml that came back.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2016, 01:56:23 pm »
Are you using the latest code?  Nan was previously resolved, I thought...

Offline jswim788

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2016, 02:46:39 pm »
I'm using the code that is attached to the first post in this thread.  Is there anything newer somewhere?