We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: BEAVIS-Background Environment Automation Via Integrated Systems for Android  (Read 1037 times)

Offline briancribbs

A while back I started playing around with the google speech to text API and figured this would be a good way to learn a few different technologies I'd been wanting to learn.

I've got another app I wrote called Remoteoid that sends commands to GlobalCache devices allowing the user to control a variety of different things by using customizable touchscreen layouts on their android device. This is still in early alpha stage (I got enough developed to be useful for my needs so it stalled).

I'm planning on making BEAVIS extensible so that other devices/programs can be used with it provided they've got an interface (API) for BEAVIS to talk with.

I have no intentions of competing with already existing products/projects this is simply something I'm doing to learn and if a few people are interested that'd be cool too.

I'd appreciate pointers/comments/suggestions from others who have come before me:)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
For a voice command system, I suppose you'd be less interested in obtaining the urgent states from devices controlled by Vera, and more interested in actually controlling them.  The nice thing about Vera is that you can control most things simply by calling URLs, without having to program explicitly against theVera API.

More info on those URLs and the API:http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/UI_Notes_Replacement
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.