Author Topic: DLink DCS-932L Can't install on Vera Lite  (Read 13127 times)

Offline curiousB

DLink DCS-932L Can't install on Vera Lite
« on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:22 am »
I was trying to install a DLink camera on my Vera lite yesterday. I had it working out of the box via ethernet but was having trouble sorting out the WiFi. I eventually got the WiFi sorted out (had to change my access point out of WPA2/WPA mixed mode).

In all the trial and error to get the WiFi working I added and deleted the camera on Vera. Now I can't get Vera to go out and find the camera (which worked yesterday on ethernet). So then I tried manually adding it (since I know its IP address) but that didn't seem to work either.

Did my deleting of the camera yesterday somehow wipe out the native drivers in Vera? I did do a reinstall from a couple day old backup thinking this might repair any driver foul up but that didn;t seem to work.

Any clues on how to get this back on track?

I know the camera works because I can view it both locally and remotely via the DLink (myDlink) website. I was hoping for a common interface via cp.mios.com and not have separate clients for each device in my home.

VeraLite (1), Leviton VRI10-1LX (8 ), VP00R-1LZ (5), VRS15-1LX (1), Intermatic CA3500 (10), CA5100 (1), Aeon Labs DSC26103 (5), Foscam FI8918W (2) , FI9821W V2 (1), DLINK DCS-932L (2), DCS-930L (1), GE45604 (2), GE45603 (5), Honeywell RTH8580WF (2), HA-09WD (1), Kwikset 910TRL ZW (1), Aeon MMote (2)

Offline Gordon

Re: DLink DCS-932L Can't install on Vera Lite
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:00:40 pm »
I'm also unable to add the D-Link DCS-932L to my Vera Lite running UI5.  My camera is running firmware 1.06.  On the camera I have verified that user access control is enabled. 

On the Vera, the camera is not automatically recognized.  I am using manual add and have input the path to the snapshot (http://192.168.1.109/image/jpeg.cgi).  I have also entered my camera username and password on the next screen, but Vera is unable to acquire the image. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline SifuDean

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:10:49 am »
Hi,

Are you sure that your camera is using the latest firmware?  I am about to try and get this working having previously run into he same issues you are seeing.  I have already downloaded the latest firmware for my cameras to upgrade them before I try the setup with the Vera.

I will post how I go.

Regards,

D.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:22 am »
Yep, I'm sure that I am running the latest firmware on the camera.

Offline SifuDean

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 12:57:58 am »
Hi,

It took me 50minutes to nut out.

And then I forgot to post on this thread....But I did reply in another... Here is that reply...

Hi,

I just added both DCS-932L and DCS-942L IP cameras to my Vera.  There is a trick I found in doing it.

1) Use the following URL ----> /image/jpeg.cgi

Test it in a browser directly by entering the IP address of the camera with that URL tacked on the end.. (ie. http://192.168.2.202/image/jpeg.cgi    <---- Change IP to match your IP camera address.

2) When adding the cameras select the "Generic IP Camera" option.  This will stuff up the URL you entered for the D-Link camera.  Don't worry about that issue right now - just add the camera save the changes and then head to the all devices menu.

3) Select your newly added (but probably broken) IP camera module using the "Spanner" icon to get to the configuration.  Now you need to make the real changes.  Add it to the room you want.  Scroll down the "Settings" tab screen and delete all the string / text you find in the URL field (arrow left and right to be sure all the offending text is gone - this box must be empty before you paste the next text in) and replace it with the correct string ----> /image/jpeg.cgi

4) Select the "Advanced" tab and rename the camera to something unique (ie. IP_Cam01).

5) Exit the module and save the changes.

Now sit back and watch the thumb nail update.

That should be it.

Regards,

D.

End quote....

Since doing this two cameras have been working perfectly with the Vera controller and I access them daily using my android handsets with the ImperiHome app.

If you want some screenshots of the setup etc and I look at doing that tonight.

Regards,

D.

Offline petequintanilla

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:19:19 am »
I spent a lot of time trying to figure it this out, and Ive been able to add mine using http instead of https I used port 1044, you have to change this configuration under the Mydlink control panel then when i put the ip address in to vera i did it like this 192.168.0.114:1044.

Under URL I put image/jpeg.cgi

please see the attached image and change all the *** with your info

Offline Gordon

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 09:59:20 am »
Thanks for your responses.  I'm trying to follow your instructions of manually updating after the camera has been added, but I cannot get the camera to actually add so that I can go back and update.

In UI5 I'm going to devices > add devices > add an IP camera > my camera doesn't show up on list > manually add > I enter the ip address of my camera with path to image (e.g. http://192.168.1.100/image/jpeg.cgi) > next > I select generic IP camera > IP address path changes (but I just leave anyway, because I'm going to fix after I get it added) > next > here is image from IP camera screen appears (but no image from my camera displays) > I click on "Add" button > NO CAMERA is added to devices that I can go back to update with instructions you posted. 

Please advise.

Thanks.

Offline dap

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 02:57:54 pm »
Gordon
I was having same issue.
After i went into the accounts tab and signed in, then went back and i was able to add the camera like he said.
Then just follow his directions to a T.

Offline DrD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 08:46:35 am »
Hi!
 Cool that you got your cameras integrated!
Can someone help me out with my DLINK DCS-942L with UI5 Vera3

Think my URL is:http://192.168.1.108:81/eng/liveView.cgi
(I have a reported port to 81)

On my local network (the same as Vera)  there is no problem to get an image on internet explorer...
impossible to get an image from vera...

Vera do not see my camera.
Did somebody solved the problem

Hope to have feeback.
Thanks again

Offline DrD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 09:52:04 am »
Help!!!

I'tried the little protocol I foud by sifudean 31 july 2013!
Could not make the camera work. I deleted it and tried to reinstall again...will not add at all.
Should I reset the vera and do a new installation again (I have done a back up before adding the camera)

The best I could get is a broken image with the wrong url message.
I have changed also the direct streaming...I think that is my big mistake.

What could I do now?

My URL: http://192.168.1.108:81/image/jpeg.cgi
(I have a reported port to 81...should not make a difference???)

Thanks again

Offline DrD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 09:44:50 am »
 ;D

Finally got it!

reset to factory vera.
restored backup from 3 days earlier
installed ip generic camera as protocol...
It works!!!

Offline DrD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 09:51:07 am »
 :o
Does someone knows how to delete icon?

At first, a made a mistake when adding camera...I did not indicate that it was a generic camera...
It did install the camera but through the wrong path...
Can't delete the icon...does someone knows how to do it?

Thanks

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 10:09:51 am »
Click on the trash can to delete the undefined device.

- Garrett

Offline DrD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 05:24:47 am »
 :-\
It will not work with the trash can...what can I do more?

Offline ddluk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »
Use this link to delete device:

http://IP:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=DEVICEID

where

IP - your Vera IP address
DEVICEID - device you want to delete id