We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Do these work well? Aeotec Micro On/Off Switch model DSC26103-ZWUS  (Read 11642 times)

Offline DaveGee

Re: Do these work well? Aeotec Micro On/Off Switch model DSC26103-ZWUS
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 10:21:47 am »

These switches that are found on ebay for 30 bucks are NOT energy reporting... When I made the comment that ' energy reporting is nice ' it was to Tony G's comment I've quoted below...

I've (also) got the energy monitoring editions of these bad boys in some of my receptacle boxes throughout my house.  Good stuff.

So again... The switches Tony got ( from another source) WERE energy reporting  but the ones fond n ebay for 30 are NOT.

Offline waxhell

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 02:10:37 pm »
From the thread above, I see:

1 - reporting energy usage
2 - can use for no-switch electrical devices, e.g. overhead fans where there is no wall switch, only say a pull chain

What other use cases/benefits are there over and above a regular z-wave receptacle?

Thanks

These also retrofit into existing wiring really well -- you can use normal rocker switches to control a z-wave enabled device, especially if there is no neutral at the switch itself. I have used it to retrofit fluorescent lighting by installing one of these at the fixture (because neutral is present up there, while I had no neutral present at the switch itself). For the most part, my setup consists of a lot of in-line non-neutral requiring dimmer switches (because LED lighting works pretty well with dimmer switches), a few relay switches, and a few of these Aeotech switches on ceiling fans / fluorescent lighting.

I have also comboed some of the aeotech switches with levitron scene controllers to give me remote switching of fans and other lighting where switches may not be present.

Offline oberjon

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 08:54:29 pm »
Has anyone had any problems securing solid core cabling in the screw terminals?  Some of the reviews I've found indicate that these are better suited for stranded wire, and that solid core may not properly secure in the screw terminal.  I don't want to buy any of these if they are going to be a potential fire hazard.

Offline rgreenpc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 07:39:34 pm »
Sorry to revitalize an old topic, but we are building a new home, and my wife has said she "hates" decora switches so is this the go-to method for Zwave control of old-style toggle switches?

Offline haworld

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »
I noticed a few people mentioning these micro switches and that they were on e-bay but NOT the energy reporting ones.  We sell them on our site at www.Shop.HaWorldOnline and they are the energy ones, but we only have the dimmers left, the relays sold out today.  Oh these are the model DSC19103-ZWUS.  The relays are DSC18103 but are only available as a backorder.

Maybe some of you will be interested in the touch panels we just got in for these this week.  They replace any wall plate and the micro switches simply snap onto the back of them.  All you see is a little touch button surrounded by a nice "glass" (actually plastic) or opaque wallplate.  They look pretty cool for a real touchpad, modern look!  We don't have them up on the site yet but have a few in stock for testing and marketing so will have them up soon!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:51:57 pm by haworld »
Online Retailer of Home Automation Products