Author Topic: Logitech harmony ultimate  (Read 157247 times)

Offline ascari

Re: Logitech harmony ultimate
« Reply #570 on: January 12, 2017, 03:33:56 pm »
Hello,

I have install the plugin and it's work, but I have a small question :

I have a Harmony Ultimate Remote, I want to run a scene when I click on the Yellow button for example, it's possible ?

Thank
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:37:36 pm by ascari »

Offline reneboer

« Reply #571 on: January 12, 2017, 05:42:58 pm »
Hi ascari,

Saidly no. the hub does not report any IR commands it is sending out. Only option is to make some IR receiver and have that trigger some scene. There are several options like Kira or home build. You can serach on those.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline francoislegrange

« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2017, 01:42:44 am »
I was playing around with the binary and thought it would be nice to be able to run a scene that checks the current activity of my Harmony Smart Control, then depending on the result it changes to a different activity.

My use case is to check if nobody is using the tv/speakers and start the airplay activity for the receiver only. I would run this activity when I flip my "party mode" switch on, or when I arrive home to have instant airplay access from my iPhone. It saves me from having to open the HomeWave or Harmony apps, and go straight to whichever media app I want to use.

Here is the code:

Code: [Select]
local handle = io.popen("HarmonyHubControl [email]  [password] [ip address] get_current_activity_id")
local harmonyOutput = handle:read("*all")
handle:close()

local currentActivity = string.match(harmonyOutput, 'Current Activity ID is : (-?[0-9]*)')

luup.log("(HarmonyHubControl) Current activity: "..currentActivity)

-- Check if current activity is -1 (off)
if currentActivity == "-1" then
luup.log("(HarmonyHubControl) Currently off. Turning AirPlay mode on")
-- Start desired activity
os.execute("HarmonyHubControl [email]  [password] [ip address] start_activity [activity ID]")
end

return true

If you need help with creating something similar, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Hi there huveu

Im trying to do something similar but with a twist

I have a scene called watch foxtel. I want to send commands like changing the channel to 502 using voxcommando.I want the scene to check if the activity (watch foxtel) is already active and ONLY send the commands 5 and 0 and 2.If the activity is not active,change it to the activity and then change commands

Can you help me?

Offline weirdinin

« Reply #573 on: April 09, 2017, 02:21:56 am »
Hello,
I have a issue with harmony hub control app (v 2.17). Once in a while the ip address of the harmony hub is lost from the settings of the app. When that happens, I'm not able to control harmony hub via vera. Instead, vera gives an error that harmony hub is not reachable.

The ip of the harmony hub is provided by router so it's static. I have tried to set that static ip to the settings of the app but it disappears from there sometimes. Is anyone else having this problem?

Offline reneboer

« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2017, 05:35:20 pm »
Hi,

Sadly it is a known issue and even worse I have not found out why this happens for some people. I posted a workaround here
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28689.msg291247.html#msg291247

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline weirdinin

« Reply #575 on: April 26, 2017, 02:39:39 pm »
Many thanks for your reply. I edited the L_Harmony.lua file. Could you please check if I inserted the code on the right line.
Bolded line is the added line:

local success = true
--   local ipa = luup.devices[HData.DEVICE].ip
   local ipa = luup.attr_get("ip", HData.DEVICE)
   local ipAddress = string.match(ipa, '^(%d%d?%d?%.%d%d?%d?%.%d%d?%d?%.%d%d?%d?)')
   local ipAddress = '192.168.0.100'
   -- Some cases IP gets stuck in variable and no in attribute (openLuup or ALTUI bug)
   if (ipAddress == nil) or (email == '') or (pwd == '') then
      setStatusIcon(HData.Icon.ERROR)
      SetBusy(false,false)
      setluupfailure(1, HData.DEVICE)
      return false, "Configure IP Address, email and password.", HData.Description
   end
   log("Using Harmony Hub: IP address " .. ipAddress, 3)
   Harmony = HarmonyAPI(ipAddress, email, pwd, commTimeOut, wait)
   if (Harmony == nil) then
      success = false
   else

Offline reneboer

« Reply #576 on: May 03, 2017, 06:57:21 am »
Hi,

yes that is the place to put it in case of trouble.

Cheers Rene