Author Topic: Logitech harmony ultimate  (Read 230665 times)

Offline millamation

Re: Logitech harmony ultimate
« Reply #585 on: December 18, 2018, 09:14:31 am »
Does anybody have an idea what's the problem with error 423?
I started getting this error on a regular basis. The IP is right. No spaces. The harmony pp connects to the hub OK.

I just started getting the same error as well on December 17th.  I checked my IP address and account username and password and everything looks good.  I wonder if Harmony has recently made a change on their end.

Offline legend99

« Reply #586 on: December 18, 2018, 02:20:55 pm »
Yes same problem here.

Now I did hear that Harmony removed local access to the hub in their last upgrade that recently happened. But I do not know if that applies in this case.

Offline topcho

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #587 on: December 18, 2018, 06:09:22 pm »
Yes same problem here.

Now I did hear that Harmony removed local access to the hub in their last upgrade that recently happened. But I do not know if that applies in this case.

That easily sounds like a potential culprit.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #588 on: December 19, 2018, 05:24:04 am »
Hi,

Yes Logitech decided quietly to stop support for the XMPP API many use(d) in home automation. Have a look in your Harmony App and look at the software version of your hub. If it ends in 206 it will no longer work with this plugin. You can try the downgrade procedures published all over now. If it is 201 they I advice to block your Hub from access to the Internet so it won't upgrade. If you use your Harmony with other devices, like Alexa or Google, that that will stop if you block internet access. your choice.

More information can be found in the Harmony topic on this forum. Also links to the Logitech forum if you want to join the complaining streak. But Logitech seem deaf to the complaints sadly.

See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,83.0.html

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Quixote

My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2018, 08:03:32 pm »
Well, looks like I need to let Logitech know they lost 1 sale here since the firmware change with no effort to help us using home automation.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline Quixote

« Reply #591 on: December 21, 2018, 03:53:33 am »
Well, looks like I need to let Logitech know they lost 1 sale here since the firmware change with no effort to help us using home automation.

Make that at least two. No chance in Hell I buy anymore logitech peripherals in the future.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2018, 09:15:53 am »
Hi,

Please upload the L_Harmony.lua file to your Vera or openLuup system if you got stopped by the Logitech 206 firmware update. You can find it here.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,116228.msg434166.html#msg434166

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2018, 07:46:45 pm »
I see in the Logitech forum the issue is being resolved, both with Rene's update and another firmware update.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #594 on: December 22, 2018, 06:23:43 am »
Yes, they offer a workaround with a firmware upgrade and 'developers' setting. I will keep the websockets as API now though. It now is better documented and seems more responsive than the old one.

I now have some options for more enhancements. Meanwhile I'll push the 2.28 version to the MIOS app market.

Cheers Rene

Offline mzpost

« Reply #595 on: February 21, 2019, 03:17:37 pm »
Oddly this evening Vera has lost all sight of the Harmony remote.  We got past the firmware issues etc in December and all was well yesterday.  Today not connecting even though IP address etc is correct. Harmony hub is showing software 4.15.250 and vera is still showing the 206 version (which again was not an issue as we'd done the work around).

Anyone else seeing similar issues ?  Its no the end of the work but its nice to have Vera turn off the TV when we activate a good night scene.

I remember before logitech opened up the API, they were missing a trick, doing what they have done is going back to that missing a trick.

Offline ShawnInFL

« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2019, 03:33:18 pm »
You Are Not Alone! I have two Harmony hubs on my Vera setup. A couple of days ago the primary showed issues with the IP address. After confirming the IP address was correct, I left it as I had no time to explore. Today, both Harmony hubs are showing issues with IP addresses.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #597 on: February 21, 2019, 03:55:02 pm »
Hi,

Yes Logitech made a change in the 4.15.250 code causing connection issues with the V3.5 version of the plugin (as with all HA solutions that use websockets, small repeat of their x-mas present of late). Get the 3.6 version to solve this. See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36437.0.html on how to update using the forced update.

Cheers Rene

Offline legend99

« Reply #598 on: February 21, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »
I manually updated, and everything is running great again!

Offline ShawnInFL

« Reply #599 on: February 21, 2019, 10:55:40 pm »
Used the link provided by Rene, did the trick. Be sure to add your ip in the hyperlink below and put it in your browser. Refresh browser after Luup files update.

Thank you sir!

http://<your vera IP>/port_3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8066&Version=37626