We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Logitech harmony ultimate  (Read 230839 times)

Offline mzpost

Re: Logitech harmony ultimate
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2019, 03:16:24 pm »
Thank you for your help!! Amazing there really is nothing this forum cannot fix all up and working again.

Also great to see such an active Dev on the app.

We also have 2 harmony hubs but found it was a little clunky (so turned the one off in the kitchen).  I might at some point take a look at it again and have another play as its probably how I set it up (as its just a hub and no remote, it could also be a faulty hub as was off ebay and seems to like to go crazy firing commands (so could be a dud).

The main one in our lounge is excellent with Vera / Alexa, mostly rock solid for the years that we've had it.  The Alexa / Vera combo is good as we mainly use Alexa to turn on the TV and Vera to turn it off when we get Alexa to turn on the Goodnight scene (which is run by Vera)

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Re: Logitech harmony ultimate
« Reply #601 on: February 23, 2019, 05:25:03 am »
We have a similar setup at the house and I can only say that adding the Alexa has given the WAF factor a serious boost. She even asked for a second one in an other room. Although if you are not in the US you must be creative to get all the skills you want. But, she has me for that and I'm just happy she has no problem speaking English to the 'house'. And the integration with Vera is rarely give problems, pretty stable indeed.

Even playing with the thought to build something for openLuup, but that will take some time as building a smart skill with discovery is not trivial. I did create a skill for Volkswagen Car-net so i can pre-heat the car before departure. That is one she loves too, and so do I.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.