We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [_CODE_] ActiveRFID Plugin  (Read 40387 times)

Offline ExHempKnight

• Sr. Newbie
Re: [_CODE_] ActiveRFID Plugin
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2012, 01:36:21 pm »
Is there any information/updates on this?

I've got a whole lot of RFID equipment sitting idle. Under UI4, the RFID hardware worked great, but the UI was pretty limited (unless I learned Lua). Now, with UI5, the UI can do what I want it to (without having to write code), and the RFID hardware doesn't work.

I truly apologize for sounding impatient, but it is a bit frustrating.

Offline csader

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2012, 12:30:29 pm »
Is there any information/updates on this?

I've got a whole lot of RFID equipment sitting idle. Under UI4, the RFID hardware worked great, but the UI was pretty limited (unless I learned Lua). Now, with UI5, the UI can do what I want it to (without having to write code), and the RFID hardware doesn't work.

I truly apologize for sounding impatient, but it is a bit frustrating.

Just getting into the Vera world myself, and this was one of the first projects I was hoping to complete. I have a VeraLite with the latest version of UI5, so I'm hoping someone can give input about how to get this working before I drop the money on the transmissers/receivers...

Anyone?

Offline ExHempKnight

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »
I got into contact with woodsby, and he sent me an updated file which got the system working. Been working well since. I have occasional issues with the receiver losing the transmitter, but that is probably my own fault (I have the 8m key fob transmitters rather than the 40m ones, and my receiver is in very close quarters with my Vera, my wireless router, computer, and all my A/V stuff).

So, to get it working (in my case):

1. Install plugin.

2. Get appropriate updated file, upload to Lua files (Apps tab -> Develop Apps -> Luup files)

3. Follow instructions here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_activerfid (starting with step 7). The Serial Port Configuration part is on the Apps tab, under "Develop Apps."

4. Enjoy.

I cannot speak to how the currently available RFID hardware works, as I bought mine from Clieste before they shut down.

Offline Fitzy

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2013, 03:55:06 am »
OK, so I ordered the RF40315T-x transmitters on ebay, and I like these way better than the old cliste enclosed 40m transmitters that took 4 AAA batteries.  As suggested on a post on the homeseer board, I installed these above the dome lights in both cars, powered off the car battery, and they are working great.  The Honda actually picks up about a block from the house.  The Mercedes is shorter than that, but much better than it was.

No more plastic dip or replacing batteries.

Hi Woodsby

I notice in your post you purchased the 40m transmitters from eBay.

I too am looking at the 40m ones but the seller has a disclaimer on the item listing saying "the transmitters are not suitable for small in house applications". Advising that "the RF is bouncing inside small structure which will generate many fault signal".

Are you able to confirm or deny this at all?

I would prefer to go with the 40m transmitters but if they just don't work when used inside a home (I will likely have the transmitter permanently mounted in the car and the receiver just inside the garage likely in the roof space) etc then I will go with the safer option of the 8m transmitters.

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Offline Fitzy

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2013, 08:17:15 am »
I got into contact with woodsby, and he sent me an updated file which got the system working. Been working well since. I have occasional issues with the receiver losing the transmitter, but that is probably my own fault (I have the 8m key fob transmitters rather than the 40m ones, and my receiver is in very close quarters with my Vera, my wireless router, computer, and all my A/V stuff).

So, to get it working (in my case):

1. Install plugin.

2. Get appropriate updated file, upload to Lua files (Apps tab -> Develop Apps -> Luup files)

3. Follow instructions here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_activerfid (starting with step 7). The Serial Port Configuration part is on the Apps tab, under "Develop Apps."

4. Enjoy.

I cannot speak to how the currently available RFID hardware works, as I bought mine from Clieste before they shut down.

Is anyone able to advise if they have this working under UI5 and if so is it stable?

I have the hardware but don't want to spend all the time setting it up if its not going to work under UI5.

Thanks in advance :-)