Author Topic: Autelis Pool Control and Vera  (Read 15536 times)

Offline trush

Re: Autelis Pool Control and Vera
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:37 pm »
Still trying to get my Pool Control to work and slowly progressing... When I debug the XML "ping pool controller" code from earlier in this thread, i'm getting the following error:

"Ping Pool Controller.lua:52: attempt to call global 'f_LogScene' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   Ping Pool Controller.lua:52: in main chunk"

The section of code related to the line 52 in main chunk is the "f_LogScene("Pool Control OFFLINE"):

luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VContainer1", "LastPing", os.date('%x %I:%M %p'), autelis_vc)
   luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VContainer1", "OnlineStatus", "OFFLINE", autelis_vc)
   f_LogScene("Pool Control OFFLINE")
   luup.call_action("urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1", "SendAlert", {Message = "Pool Control OFFLINE", Recipients = "SMTP-Mail"}, vera_alerts_device)

My Variable Container is showing "OFFLINE", however, the controller is ONLINE.

Any guidance on where to start looking?  I'm stuck at this point.

Offline mda

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »
You can delete all the f_LogScene references as that is just a function to log status (or create a function called f_LogScene in your startup Lua and have it log as you wish). Sorry about that.

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 05:19:28 pm »
Ok so I don't want to hijack this thread.  However, I am exploring my options to control my Intellitouch.  I have been kicking around getting the Pentair ScreenLogic interface but would really like it to be integrated with my HA in this case I am currently running a Vera3  UI7.  I then ran across Autelis which had me just about to pull the trigger on a new HS3PRO system since searching for Intellitouch on this board just left me dazed and confused about my options... that is until I ran across this thread.

Has anyone gotten this working on UI7, is everything controllable just like the mobi, and what does the final interface look like?
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline trush

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 07:43:51 pm »
rstrouse: I'm running a VeraEdge with UI7 and don't have the integration working yet, as I'm not really a programmer, but enjoying tinkering with it.  Thanks to the mad skills of mda and others, his code has been an excellent starting point.  Once I get my code fully functional, I'll be happy to share.  Right now I've got the updates from the Autelis populating in the virtual container, but don't have it working from Vera to the Autelis.  However, attached is my Pool view as it stands now.

Offline trush

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:41 pm »
mda: If I remove the references to f_LogScene as you mentioned, should I also remove the references to: f_SetPoolStatusOnline() throughout the code as well?

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 10:35:41 pm »
rstrouse: I'm running a VeraEdge with UI7 and don't have the integration working yet, as I'm not really a programmer, but enjoying tinkering with it.  Thanks to the mad skills of mda and others, his code has been an excellent starting point.  Once I get my code fully functional, I'll be happy to share.  Right now I've got the updates from the Autelis populating in the virtual container, but don't have it working from Vera to the Autelis.  However, attached is my Pool view as it stands now.

If it's any help I am a programmer but not Lua.  Pretty much everything else that may or may not be helpful though from C/C++/C#, assembler, XPath, HTML, css, json, javascript... etc.  My OpenWRT skills are pretty weak but I do have some outdated experience with HP-UX.  Been doing this a while so I can fiddle and brick a Vera as good as the next guy.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline mda

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 01:28:17 am »

mda: If I remove the references to f_LogScene as you mentioned, should I also remove the references to: f_SetPoolStatusOnline() throughout the code as well?

SetPoolStatusOnline() is a function defined in the startup Lua above so it should work. However it is not necessary so you can certainly get rid of calls to it without impacting the core functionality.

The core functionality is 2 parts.

1.  A group of luup.variable_watch functions to act on changes to each variable container variable (to turn on/off  your multiswitch buttons etc) as the Autelis  send updates to vera.

2.  A group of functions that make http calls to the Autelis to control it when you press a multiswitch button, change a temperature, etc. in Vera.

I also run a scene every 15 min that gets status from the Autelis and updates the variables in vera just to keep everything in sync (in case Autelis fails to update vera on a change for some reason).

I have evolved the code a bit and stopped using a variable container and thermostat devices (to reduce complexity) on my system. I could post my updated code but it might be more confusing at this point?

Offline trush

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 11:48:56 am »
Thanks for the info mda...  I'm operational now thanks to your guidance!  Would love to see more on the evolution of your latest code.

Offline MadHouseWife

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 01:14:21 pm »
I'm a total newbie so please excuse any newbie errors. I'd like to have my indoor swimming pool provide me with pH, chlorine and total chlorine alerts via a smartphone when levels drop out of range. Though we try to check daily, life can get hectic and having a reminder alert would be a good application of smart home technology but when I talked with our pool guy he'd never heard of such a thing. Has anyone done that or is it possible? It looked like some in this thread may have but I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance!

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2015, 10:47:01 pm »
Do you have Pentair automation such as Intellitouch or Easytouch?  When the Pentair pool control plugin is paired with Intellichem it will monitor and alert on all of those values.  I believe the thread you are looking for is here.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30275.0.html

Offline LindsiWains

Autelis Pool Control and Vera
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 09:58:32 am »
I have not changed the battery in my control panel since buying the house with the pool in 2014 but now the back up battery is dead after using the Autelis for a few weeks now. Does the Autelis pull its power from this battery and should I have spare batteries lying around or is this merely a coincidence?

Offline Dpc131

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 12:01:07 pm »
The autelis pulls power from the RJ-45 network connection so whatever the Ethernet port is hooked up to is what is supplying the power. Probably your router