Author Topic: 1 CT100 shows up 3x on dashboard  (Read 1202 times)

tahoebuilder

1 CT100 shows up 3x on dashboard
« on: June 14, 2013, 04:17:10 pm »
I am trying out a CT100 and it installed 3 instances/variations of itself on the dashboard. They cannot be deleted or put into another room, they just come back.  I was running UI4 on Vera2.

I decided to finally go to (relectantly) UI5 thinking it would absolve this and other issues I have with different devices. 
It did not.

I tried running this command and it did not work either. http://<local_Vera_IP>:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=<device_ID>

thanks for any input

Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
Re: 1 CT100 shows up 3x on dashboard
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

tahoebuilder

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:19:28 pm »
See yesterday post on the same subject. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14146.msg116060.html#msg116060

that tells me absolutley nothing.

I already requested a support ticket.  problem is I administer nearly 20 Veras and I plan to start changing themostats it is a nightmare doing trouble tickets for each and when testing and resetting and redoing etc.  I was hoping for an actual solution.

Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »
If you search the forum using google:

Site: forum.micasaverde.com rt ct100 or something like that there are numerous post but none appear to offer the solution other than going through the support.  But you may have more change getting the solution on one of those threads.

You might try the MCV Vera xml update app to see if the fix is included.  This Updates the network_pnp_sys.xml and zwave_products_sys.xml files with new versions as they are published.

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=3846

tahoebuilder

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:35:08 am »
FYI     

Technical support sent me an email yesterday and advised me to install mcvflorins "Mios Update utility" plugin .  It got rid of the extra 2 thermostat "devices".

thanks for the replies.

brydog153

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:21:23 am »
I have the same issue, opened a ticket with support and they deleted the 2 extra's on the dashboard. I still have the extra ones on my phone app and also in the Dashboard/overview screen. Will try your fix and see. thx

brydog153

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:56 am »
Was not able to get the above fix to install correctly (first error stated the install process was unable to verify that it installed correctly). After removing and re-installing the Vera Mobile app and refreshing, there is now only one instance of the Thermometer. Support said they would be trying to get a fix in the next firmware upgrade.

PeterGP75

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 06:45:13 am »
THANK YOU TahoeBuilder.  Your solution solved my problem!

For those less experienced, here is what you need to do:

If you haven't installed Firmware v1.5.622 (or higher) yet, do that first (go to Setup > Firmware from the menu in  your Vera3 or VeraLite).  This solution requires this firmware or newer.  Then after its installed, install the "MiOS Update Utility" plugin.  To do this, login to your VeraLite or Vera3 and go to the Apps > Install Apps from the main menu.  On that page, enter "MiOS Update Utility" in the search box at the top of the list and click the Show button.  Finally, click the Install button next to the "MiOS Update Utility" app.  Once its finished installing, click the Reload button in the top right of the page.  That's it!!!  Problem solved.