We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Include Yale deadbolt details (user's name / PIN entered) in an alert?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Goffredo

Me again.  I have the Yale Z-Wave deadbolt:

https://shop.micasaverde.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=YAL-YRLD210ZW

In its UI, it allows me to set up users (see attachment).  I thought it would be really useful for Vera Alert to let me know specific like which user just unlocked the deadbolt; or, if an invalid PIN was entered, precisely what it was (so I might troubleshoot a guest who can't get in because they are fat-fingering the keypad or wrote down a 0 instead of an 8 or something).

Has anyone tried to figue out how to capture the user name, and/or PIN, from the Yale deadbolt?  I looked over the template documentation (http://rts-services.com/VeraTemplates/), and it suggests looking at the device's Advanced panel to see some of the device-specific variables.  These all appear to be static variables that are set in advanced.  However, one thing jumped out at me in the Advanced panel was a sl_UserCode and UserID= tuple (see attachment) which kind of suggests there is some substitution that happens on the fly, which might be what I'm looking for (well, a start anyway). 

Any tips or suggestions would be great. 

Thanks,
-Jeff

Offline PalapaCharlie

Hi Jeff, I'm looking for the same thing as well. 

This is what I see in my alert:

Your trigger "Door is Locked" occurred.

The originating device ID:3 Yale Door Lock in room: Front Door

The ID is: 1208517583
Code: Status Value:1
Serial #35010137

The ID (1208517483) changes with every alert so it's not related to the code entered.

Cheers,
Derek

Offline PalapaCharlie

1. Go to notifications for the device
2. Add notification for:  Choose "A Pin Code is entered"
3. Name "PIN Code entered" (example)
4. What PIN Code INDEX Number?  IMPORTANT:  enter the number assigned in your Pin Code table (See "Pin Codes" Tab)
5. Click Add
6. Scroll to the bottom, find the new alert
7. Check the box to enable notifications  (Note:  you must have defined notifications beforehand)

I tested this and it sent me a code with the text below:

Your trigger "PIN Code Entered" occurred.

The originating device ID:3 Yale Door Lock in room: Front Door

The ID is: 1208619343
Code: DL_USERCODE Value:UserID="3" UserName="Joe"
Serial #35010137

Cheers,
Charlie

Offline Goffredo

Ah fascinating!  I will have to give this a try when I'm back up at the property & can monkey around with it.  I'll report back.  Thanks, this is perfect!

Offline SirMeili

Re: Include Yale deadbolt details (user's name / PIN entered) in an alert?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 10:25:26 am »
I was wondering if anyone actually figured out how to do this, and if so, could give me the details on how to write the message to include the user name. I get that we get the "variables" of sl_usercode (which is UserID=), but I don't know how to use this in the message to get the user name.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline avstraq

Re: Include Yale deadbolt details (user's name / PIN entered) in an alert?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »
I'm not sure if this is what you want or need, but what I do is use the person's name in the notification name. So if UserID 3 is UserName Joe, then I would create a notification for when Joe's particular PIN code is entered and title it "JOE has entered front door" (or something similar). It definitely meets my needs.