We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Nest plug-in go down?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline criple15

Nest plug-in go down?
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:37:39 pm »
Has anyone else noticed if the Nest app disconnected from service? Recently tried to log in and set to away and nothing happens. Don't see a thread yet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:04:59 am by criple15 »

Offline watou

Re: Nest app go down?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »
Has anyone else noticed if the Nest app disconnected from service? Recently tried to log in and set to away and nothing happens. Don't see a thread yet.

From here I've seen no service interruptions. 

Do you have a Vera 2?  There is a bug in the 1.1 version of the plugin for Vera 2 users, but I've not released 1.2 yet that has the fix (there was a temporary patch called 1.15 on another thread).

watou

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Nest app go down?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:06:16 pm »
It's also working in mine.  I tested Home/Away, as well as simply Increasing/Decreasing the SetPoints. 

Watching the Nest native app, as I make changes on cp.mios.com, everything was adjusting there also.

One "interesting" behavior is that Home/Away would temporarily switch from "Away" to "Home", but then quickly change to "Auto Away"...  presumably since it thinks it knows better (and I'm doing this remotely)

Offline criple15

Re: Nest plug-in go down?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:21:55 am »
I have a Vera3, when I try to hit away the alert that I get is "Nest : Failed to send away command." Same when I try to change the temp, "Nest : Failed to send cool setpoint command." I have not messed with it for some time and noticed its not working now, so next problem is user error, any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

****************                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             User error update....                             ****************My username and password were saved but I resubmitted them and now it works fine... just weird  :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:05:16 am by criple15 »

Offline watou

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:05 am »
I have a Vera3, when I try to hit away the alert that I get is "Nest : Failed to send away command." Same when I try to change the temp, "Nest : Failed to send cool setpoint command." I have not messed with it for some time and noticed its not working now, so next problem is user error, any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
My username and password were saved but I resubmitted them and now it works fine... just weird  :)

I would expect this behavior of the plugin if you were running an outdated version, but I don't understand why re-applying the username/password would make a difference.  In any case, glad it's working again!

Offline Ds514

• Because automatic.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 05:31:14 pm »
You may be having a separate issue. It is not uncommon for the Nest to lose its network connection. Many believe this is related to the router.

If the problem resurfaces on the Vera, immediately go to https://home.nest.com/home and see if you can access your thermostat. If you see a question mark where the temperature should be, then this is the issue.