We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How are you setup? 2nd Partition for only HA/Vera Needs?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline EOppie

How are you setup? 2nd Partition for only HA/Vera Needs?
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:29:06 pm »
Hey guys!

I am looking to setup garage door control/monitoring and obviously need to add in a door sensor to monitor the garage door status.  I also would like to get an AD2USB to take advantage of all my existing door/window/motion sensors on my Vista 20p.  With this in mind, I am thinking I would want to add a few sensors that while would be connected to the alarm panel, would really only be used for Vera.  This includes the Garage Door, as I don't want the door opening to trigger an alarm, or an entry/exit delay when the system is armed.

This is where I figured I could place a few additional sensors on a second partition on the vista 20p so they would have no impact on the alarm, but could still be monitored by my Envisalink and Vera/ad2usb.

Is anyone else running something similar to this?  Would love any insight.

Thanks!

Offline SteveZ

Re: How are you setup? 2nd Partition for only HA/Vera Needs?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:28:09 pm »
I'm not sure about the 2nd partition since my 15p doesn't support it.  I have several ademco wireless sensors and motion sensors that I use that are not enrolled in the alarm panel so it has no affect on it. Thanks to @Hugheaves the latest version in the trunk allows you to simply add the serial number and loop number of the wireless sensor in the cheat sheet and it shows up in vera as a normal door window sensor or motion sensor. which is great since most zwave motion sensor suck and battery life is terrible. so that is one way you could do it without impacting the alarm system.

If you want to use wired sensors rather then wireless I think you could setup that zone as a monitor only zone for zone type but you will need to setup virtual relay support so the sensors will report when system is armed, here is a link http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&catid=4&id=656 you would only need to do this if you went wired, not required for wireless that I described above.