Author Topic: 2477D switches and registering on/off  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Floridagator

• Sr. Newbie
2477D switches and registering on/off
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:10:05 pm »
I have three 2477D insteon dimmer switches connected to the Vera with the USB PLM. I'm trying to understand why when I control the light switches at the wall they do not show up correctly in the web interface, yet when I utilize Grasshopper (Windows phone) it recognizes the correct state of the switch. Of course I would like to know if their is a fix too  ;).

I also have a weird situation when I run some LUA code for one of the switches, that it sends to two of my switches. I'm only specifying one of the Device IDs in the code.

I've noticed a lot of people using the alternative Insteon implementation on the Vera and I was trying to avoid going that route.

Thanks for any help.

Offline scravott

Re: 2477D switches and registering on/off
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 02:47:57 pm »
Use altsteon u will be much happier

Offline fba

• If it ain't broke, I ain't touched it yet.
Re: 2477D switches and registering on/off
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:17:34 pm »
@Floridagator -

The native Insteon support doesn't process events that come in from the switches, so you won't see state updates in the UI when using the native support.  This extends to all of the Insteon sensors that you may want to use.

So, if you are only going to be using on/off switches, and you don't care if the UI shows the current state of the devices, then the native support will work.   If you want to use Insteon the way it was intended to be used, you will either have to use Altsteon or dump the Vera and use something else.   Unfortunately, it seems that the Smarthome guys don't have any minimum requirements to claim support for Insteon.   And MCV implemented the bare minimum to be able to claim they support it.
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation