We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Russound RNET Plugin v1.4  (Read 62867 times)

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
Re: Russound RNET Plugin v1.2
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2013, 12:16:25 pm »
I haven't forgotten.  Just really busy.  I may be able to get to it tonight or tomorrow but by the end of th3 weekend definitely.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2013, 04:17:16 pm »
@ kabdalla

Check your PM inbox.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »
I have been using this all the time and I can say that the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the Al On command.the rest is fantastic! I have two questions. 1, how can the state of the devices be used as inputs in PLEG? They aren't available under triggers or device properties. 2, how's work coming on the plugin?

Thanks again!

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2013, 08:59:29 am »
Under Advanced what do the variables Input and Status represent? I'd imagine they are for power and source but they don't seem to reflect these states in the devices.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2013, 08:21:30 am »
Any word on the new version?

Offline kabdalla

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2013, 11:35:16 am »
It's still pending approval from last week.  I don't know how long it's going to take this time around.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »
Well. The forum will probably be defunct as well as Vera and MCV as a whole before it gets approved at this rate. Would you mind posting the new plugin here for us, me, to benefit from while we salute a sinking ship?

Offline kabdalla

Re: Russound RNET Plugin v1.4
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2013, 03:31:16 pm »
I've attached it to the first post.  The icon images are not included but if you have a previous version installed, it'll use the image files already on the Vera from that installation.

Kal

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2013, 09:00:21 am »
There is no longer any options to turn a zone on or off from the advanced tab of the scene creation interface. The previously created off commands in scenes don't work but the on commands do. I have yet to try setting a zone to off from the main gui portion on the scene editor.

Offline kabdalla

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2013, 10:46:39 am »
It uses SwitchPower now.  Trying setting that target to 0 for off and 1 for on.

Offline chilump

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2013, 09:23:30 am »
Thanks for all your hard work!

I am trying to decide between C-Series and CA Series controllers.

Questions:

I understand you can select sources via RNET plugin for Vera. Has anyone integrated selecting music (Network or Streaming) within Vera then jumping to select zones etc within the same interface

Also if I go with a CA series do I need to also purchase the RNET Touch Point device?

Thanks!

Offline kabdalla

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2013, 05:44:56 pm »
For the second question, you do not need the RNET Touch Point (in fact it won't work at all with it) but you do need a USB-Serial adapter for the Vera and a serial cable to connect the Vera to the Russound Controller.

For the first question, I'm not sure I understand.  I'm assuming by this question that your audio source is not RNET-enabled (Russound SMS3, DMS3, or iPod dock).  If that is the case then the only way I can think of for selecting a source and playing music is if your music player has a Vera plugin.  You can then create a scene that selects the music on the player plugin and zone/source on the RNET plugin.

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2013, 06:05:30 pm »
I suggest Sonos connect and C series.

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2013, 07:35:13 pm »
I just ordered a Myro bridge for enhanced control over Sonos from the c series keypad

Offline chilump

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2013, 08:08:27 am »
For the first question, I'm not sure I understand.  I'm assuming by this question that your audio source is not RNET-enabled (Russound SMS3, DMS3, or iPod dock).  If that is the case then the only way I can think of for selecting a source and playing music is if your music player has a Vera plugin.  You can then create a scene that selects the music on the player plugin and zone/source on the RNET plugin.
[/quote]

I just ordered a Myro bridge for enhanced control over Sonos from the c series keypad [/quote]

Thanks for your response. I think your solution makes sense. I'm really aiming to have a sonos type interface where from a single interface I first select the source which then lets me select music (pandora or specific mp3 album) then select the zone you want to play it in.

Is this feasible within Vera or is it keypads only using a Sonos and C Series Keypad?