We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Russound RNET Plugin v1.4  (Read 51586 times)

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
Re: Russound RNET Plugin v1.4
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:14 am »
Both.   Check out the Sonos plugin.  You'll use that for what your are trying to accomplish.   The Myro just delivers metadata so you can see what's playing and control the sonos from your keypad.

Offline chilump

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2013, 08:13:11 am »
Both.   Check out the Sonos plugin.  You'll use that for what your are trying to accomplish.   The Myro just delivers metadata so you can see what's playing and control the sonos from your keypad.

Thanks big517!

Offline sgruby

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2013, 08:51:56 am »
Any chance your plugin is easily modified to talk to Russound controllers over a TCP to serial port server? I have 3 Russound CA4 units with the serial ports connected to a 4 port serial to TCP converter http://www.digi.com/products/serialservers/portserverts Instead of talking to it directly over over serial code, you send socket commands like this:

socket=require('socket')
local client = socket.connect('10.0.1.108', 2001) -- The IP address is the port server. The port is 2001 for unit 1, 2002 for unit 2, 2003 for unit 3
command = setPower(0,0)
client:send(command)
client:close()

(setPower is my own Lua routine that formats the Russound command given the zone and a value).

Also, can your plugin handle multiple Russound units? As I mentioned above, I have 3 separate units (12 zones total...the CA4 units can only be chained for a total of 8 zones so I left them all separate).

Thanks!

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2013, 09:50:42 am »
Have you tried the IP2Serial plugin?  I believe that is exactly what you are looking for.   Search the forum and you'll find it.

Offline sgruby

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2013, 11:30:10 am »
Searching the forums shows that the plugin was a hack and is no longer available. The notes also indicate that it is straightforward (I won?t say easy) to add the functionality to a plugin that already does serial. When I get some time, I?ll poke at the plugin source and see if I can add the IP stuff to it.

Offline DanielMason

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »
Not being a programmer at all. I thought that the transition from serial to IP was straight forward.

Yes you are correct the plugin is no longer available.

Searching the forums shows that the plugin was a hack and is no longer available. The notes also indicate that it is straightforward (I won?t say easy) to add the functionality to a plugin that already does serial. When I get some time, I?ll poke at the plugin source and see if I can add the IP stuff to it.

Offline sgruby

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2013, 11:17:54 pm »
I ended up using the plugin as a shell and modified it significantly to meet my needs with 3 CA4 devices and a PortServer box. Unfortunately the plugin will have no use to anyone else Lua and plugins aren't too hard to write, but they take a bit of time to figure out.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2013, 02:59:31 am »
Here is a modified version of the Russound plugin version 1.4 that fixes issues with the wrong service id's being used for the On / Off functions and the Volume function.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:28:59 am by garrettwp »

Offline DanielMason

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2013, 04:07:40 pm »
Garrett----> Any chance you could make it so we can use a wiznet, instead of having to use the usb port on Vera? :)

Please

Here is a modified version of the Russound plugin version 1.4 that fixes issues with the wrong service id's being used for the On / Off functions and the Volume function.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2013, 04:54:15 pm »
I don't think he has any intention of taking up development of this plugin as he himself doesn't have any Russound gear. He merely copied and pasted some small amount of information to make the plugin consistent with others of similar ilk.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2013, 11:23:32 pm »
Correct, I have no intention of supporting this plug in. I am just making some small fixes so that it will work with 3rd party apps.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2013, 11:25:03 am »
@ Garret

I have a bunch of scenes which turn various zones on and off. Since I uploaded your modified files none of the Off commands are firing any longer. Is this a coincidence or could it be related to the changes you made?
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2013, 11:32:18 am »
It is most likely related to the change since the original plugin used the wrong service type and your scenes are referencing that wrong service type. You'll have to modify the scenes to use the correct service type.

- Garrett

Offline DanielMason

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2013, 11:44:15 am »
Oh well maybe someone else will pick it up.

Anyone know where someone could contract a programmer to create a plugin for Vera?

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:15 am »
Oh Man! Thanks something on the order of 30+ scenes! And the ridiculous way UI5 shuffles scenes around when editing them makes keeping track of which I've already fixed a nightmare. What's up with that any way?

Thanks Garret.

@ DanielMason,

If you gave the developer of the plugin a wiznet he may be willing to modify his code.