We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Russound RNET Plugin v1.4  (Read 56054 times)

Offline vibracobra

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Russound RNET Plugin v1.4
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2014, 03:14:06 pm »
Now I can't even connect to my vera anymore, the blue and orange light on the vera lite are solid and the green is flashing rapidly, wow this is becoming a mess haha, I need help.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2014, 03:47:19 pm »
Is your USB/Serial adapter a FTDI chip? If not I suggest you replace it with one that is.

About your Vera being unresponsive, Have you tried the usual things like cycling power and assuring that it hasn't changed it's IP address?
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline vibracobra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2014, 11:02:07 pm »
So I can connect to my vera again. However I uninstalled the rnet plugin but now In the "serial port configuration" nothing shows up. I don't have a usb serial adaptor but rather a usb to serial port cable if that means anything. I'm not sure if that is a fdti chip.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »
I don't have a usb serial adaptor but rather a usb to serial port cable

That confuses the hell out of me.

I really think you should get a known good adapter.

My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline vibracobra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »
haha sorry, anyway after some time passed it did show up, I set the baud rate and then downloaded rnet again, everything seemed to go right and the parent controller and the 2 audio zones appeared under my devices tab, but again, their commands wont do anything, I guess ill just have to try a new adaptor but it seemed to me that if I get this far the adaptor would not be the problem.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2014, 11:38:41 pm »
but it seemed to me that if I get this far the adaptor would not be the problem.

If you can rule everything else including your adapter out then I think you're free to raise hell. Until you use a known good adapter you're going to have to stick with the recommendations though.

Offline vibracobra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2014, 11:47:24 pm »
makes sense, thanks for the help

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2014, 05:43:14 am »
The brand name is nexxtech and I am not using an extension

Return that cable.  Im pretty sure I bought the same brand off Amazon and it didn't work for me either.  I'll bet that is the issue. 

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline hifs

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:22 am »
I just purchased some additional Vantec USB To Serial Adapter (CB-USB20SR) cables from amazon. They have the FTDI chip and work with Vera.

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2014, 03:05:09 pm »
Has there been any headway in IP to 232? I am getting my system in a few days and there is no way the two components can be near each other and would really love to be able to add this to my vera system.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »
There have been no developments at all. Sorry.

Offline tb001

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »
Probably a dim question, but is there any way to get this working with a CA6 controller? Thought it should be fairly straightforward, but when I went to hook it up to vera, realized there is no serial port on the CA6. Guessing this is a no go, but really hoping I'm missing something obvious!

Offline wkearney99

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2014, 02:56:09 pm »
Does the plug-in support multiple amps?  I've two CAV66 and one CAM.  Would I just be connecting serially to one of them and the via RNET between the others?  Assuming they're setup properly, of course.  Or do I end up having multiple serial connections, one to each amp?

Offline Sundayfun

« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2015, 11:30:50 am »
@kabdalla Would you mind if I take over this plugin development? I think there are many peeps who have a Russound system and would like to have a plugin that can control it through a Itach IP2Serial device.

I control my Russound CAM with itunes, but I think it would be great to create a scene when I come home that turns on the music, or create a scene that alerts me or my family.

KP

Offline wilme2

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2015, 02:26:10 pm »
I think there are many peeps who have a Russound system and would like to have a plugin that can control it through a Itach IP2Serial device.

I would buy a Russound system if we had a non-directly-connected option...  And I have a spare Itach IP2Serial...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)