Poll

What new features would you like to see in the Evolve LCD1 driver?

Smart toggle feature with fast, direct association to other switches
6 (14.6%)
Improved indicator which accurately shows whether a scene is on or off
9 (22%)
Control over backlight and key light within a scene
3 (7.3%)
Welcome screen which flashes until someone presses any key.
2 (4.9%)
Better thermostat control with heat/cool/auto/off cycling
2 (4.9%)
Cycle through several states in each button. e.g. Off/Low/High
3 (7.3%)
More than 5 virtual buttons with up/down scrolling
1 (2.4%)
Dynamic display of data from other devices visible to Vera
15 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: New Evolve LCD1 Plugin  (Read 70674 times)

Offline gengen

Re: New Evolve LCD1 Plugin
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2018, 11:14:17 am »
@tbully. The "Waiting for device to wake up" or "Device fell asleep unexpectedly" messages refer to the Nexia One Touch, not to your target device. Even when the plug-in is sending the device reconfiguration information, it tends to fall asleep. You need to tap on the page selection icons near the bottom of the screen to wake it back up until the message goes away. Just using the controller, however, should not cause this to happen.

@mbairhead, I have not used this plug-in before. Please send me your output from
http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml
(Share it on DropBox or Google Drive and PM me a link)
and please mention the specific device that you are trying to access.
The plug-in works better for Z-Wave thermostats. Nest is not Z-Wave.

Gengen

Offline tbully

« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2018, 06:26:22 pm »
@tbully. The "Waiting for device to wake up" or "Device fell asleep unexpectedly" messages refer to the Nexia One Touch, not to your target device. Even when the plug-in is sending the device reconfiguration information, it tends to fall asleep. You need to tap on the page selection icons near the bottom of the screen to wake it back up until the message goes away. Just using the controller, however, should not cause this to happen.

Hi Gengen -

Thanks for the response.  I gave it a few days to see if it'd naturally clear up (also forced a wakeup, of course)  but the "Waiting for device to wake up" message persists.  I even deleted and re-added the device and made no button configs.....just the default labels.

Any ideas to help troubleshoot?   The device works fine....it gets  updates to buttons, etc but this one message never goes away.

Offline gengen

« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2018, 08:54:45 am »
@Tully
Please install the debug version and then please send me the output of LuaUPnP.log. Please reinstall the non-debug version after you have taken the log.

Gengen

Offline tbully

« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2018, 01:49:44 pm »
@Tully
Please install the debug version and then please send me the output of LuaUPnP.log. Please reinstall the non-debug version after you have taken the log.

Gengen

Thanks for offering to help, Gengen.   Due to the size of my network and number of plugins, this log is extremely busy and rolls often.  Is there a time-period you'd be most interested in?   Inclusion (including reboots?)  Send a command to configure?   Just trying to save you some work and possible back-and-forth.

Offline gengen

« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2018, 01:13:09 am »
@Tully

Send me a log of when the message appears and waking the device up does not make it disappear.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2018, 02:28:55 pm »
I have a Aeon Labs z-wave smart strip, which creates child devices to control individual sockets.  I was unable to +Direct to the child devices as a toggle.  Error indicates it could not figure out the z-wave device to control...

Code: [Select]
AssociateDevice: Unknown target device: 131 Group=2 Controlling device=150(Nexia One Touch Scene Controller Z-Wave) GetZWaveNode: cannot find device for zwave_dev_num=131
I assumed I could use toggle scenes as a work-around.  The scenes build fine and run fine direct from the GUI, but the buttons do not activate their scenes. I tried another standard z-wave device, and it worked as momentary scene, but once I changed to a toggle it did not.  So only +Direct working for me.

VeraSecure 1.7.3454 and Nexia One-Touch NX1000
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:14:14 pm by wilme2 »
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #261 on: January 28, 2018, 03:32:33 pm »
Confirmed after more testing.  I deleted the scenes and recreated them directly in standard scene editor.

I can control a normal Z-Wave device as a toggle +Direct.
I cannot control a child Z-Wave device as a toggle +Direct.

I can run a scene as a momentary.
I cannot run a scene as a toggle.
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline lafer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #262 on: January 28, 2018, 04:14:30 pm »

Can anyone tell me if I should first install the Mios Application and then download the latest Gengen files, or only the latest Gengen files are sufficient.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2018, 10:28:09 am »

Can anyone tell me if I should first install the Mios Application and then download the latest Gengen files, or only the latest Gengen files are sufficient.

Instructions just a few posts back...  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15938.msg338199.html#msg338199

Offline lafer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2018, 11:13:56 am »
Thank's for your your answer.
I did just that, but there is no specific application that appears in the list of installed applications. Is it correct?

Offline wilme2

« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2018, 01:49:04 pm »
Thank's for your your answer.
I did just that, but there is no specific application that appears in the list of installed applications. Is it correct?

When you manually install a plug-in like this it will not appear in the list of Applications.   That is partially why there was a "Scene Controller Uninstaller" created to help if you decide to uninstall.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2018, 03:59:33 pm »
@Tully

Send me a log of when the message appears and waking the device up does not make it disappear.

Gengen, I have installed the plug-in and successfully paired a Nexia One-Touch, and the wake up message does not go away even after the labels and associated commands get updated.  The wake-up message even persists after a reboot.

As indicated above, the One-Touch only works for momentary scenes and +Direct toggle parent z-wave devices.  The application for which I bought the Nexia One-Touch and installed the plug-in does not work at all currently.  Need either child z-wave devices or toggle scenes to work in order to use the One-Touch for my reptile cages - and likely many other applications.

Offline gengen

« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »
@wilme2
Need either child z-wave devices or toggle scenes to work in order to use the One-Touch for my reptile cages

Reptile cages? Are we talking snakes and lizards here? Woah!
Maybe you need  Z-Wave mouse trap to catch their food! https://domeha.com/blog/meet-the-mouser-the-worlds-first-z-wave-electric-mousetrap
 :)

In all seriousness, I still need the output of LupUPnP.log from the debug version of the plug-in to see what is actually going wrong. I will also need the output of http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml. Please upload these files to a sharing site such as Google Drive or DropBox and PM me the link along with a detailed description of the specific devices and scenes that you are trying to control with your Nexia One-Touch. (Unfortunately, this forum does not allow attachments in PM's. and you don't want to post this stuff publicly.)

Gengen

Offline tbully

« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2018, 02:25:09 pm »
@wilme2
Need either child z-wave devices or toggle scenes to work in order to use the One-Touch for my reptile cages

Reptile cages? Are we talking snakes and lizards here? Woah!
Maybe you need  Z-Wave mouse trap to catch their food! https://domeha.com/blog/meet-the-mouser-the-worlds-first-z-wave-electric-mousetrap
 :)

In all seriousness, I still need the output of LupUPnP.log from the debug version of the plug-in to see what is actually going wrong. I will also need the output of http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml. Please upload these files to a sharing site such as Google Drive or DropBox and PM me the link along with a detailed description of the specific devices and scenes that you are trying to control with your Nexia One-Touch. (Unfortunately, this forum does not allow attachments in PM's. and you don't want to post this stuff publicly.)

Gengen

Hello All -
This is still on my to-do list.  Apologies for being away.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2018, 11:37:05 am »
I still need the output of LupUPnP.log from the debug version of the plug-in to see what is actually going wrong. I will also need the output of http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml.

Is there an event around which I should pull the log?  Like right after changing the One-Touch labels?  Or after pressing a button?  Since I have two problems, one at a time?